🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

80% Ltv

Options
do such mortgages exist anymore?

cant find any anywhere?

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Yes they do but what you'll find is many of the 'best buy' tables show 60%/75% LTV mortgages.

Where have you looked so far?
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    Yep - plenty around that cover you at 80% LTV

Are you looking for a new lender then? Are you not forcing the issue with your currnet lender and the valuation?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • jayremoh
    jayremoh Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    ive looked on all the usual compare websites, uswitch, moneynet, fsa but the LTV is not something easily searchable from what ive seen.

also checked all the big lenders websites most are 60% or 75%. anything over 75% come in a crazy apr's
  • jayremoh
    Options
    herbiesjp wrote: »
    Yep - plenty around that cover you at 80% LTV

Are you looking for a new lender then? Are you not forcing the issue with your currnet lender and the valuation?

my current lender (abbey) are doing nothing for me are at the min. dont even return my calls.

tried remortgaging with nationwide at 75% LTV (boe +1.13%), but coming back at 79% and they want over boe+ 2.x%
  • grogdog
    grogdog Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    very very few tracker rates about at 80% and you arent going to get a fixed much less than around the 5 / 5.25%
  • Locoblade
    Options
    First Direct are all 80% LTV, or certainly were when we applied a couple of months back.
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
  • jayremoh
    Options
    Locoblade wrote: »
    First Direct are all 80% LTV, or certainly were when we applied a couple of months back.

how longs the process with 1st direct, ive heard anything upto 10 weeks

did you need a current account with them?

cheers
  • Damok666
    Options
    jayremoh wrote: »
    how longs the process with 1st direct, ive heard anything upto 10 weeks

did you need a current account with them?

cheers

Hi, I applied with First Direct for the 90% offset the other day and was told at the moment they are taking between 12 and 14 weeks. I also had to open an account there and then.
  • jayremoh
    Options
    ok thanks, though as much.

seems a long time.
  • Locoblade
    Options
    Thats only worse case scenario, our remortgage from another lender was all sorted in about 8 weeks including about a 10 days of us holding things up by changing products half way through the application process, with it all being completed and drawn down at the start of this month. They may be busier now though, I dont know.
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport