🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

£500pm extra....is it possible?

Options
Hi guys,

Im currently in a full time job working 8am-6pm. Im also studying an open uni course in web design and development.

Im looking into trying to earn an extra £500 per month, do you think its possible or am I being unrealistic? If so, what do you think are my best options?

Im looking to earn as close to £500 extra as possible.

Thanks
:beer:

Comments

• DesperateDanny
    Options
    Working 8-6 you'll definately be able to get £500 per month, just depends were your prepared to work.
  • Catwoman1975
    Options
    How many hours do you want to put in? I work for Lionbridge part time from home and earn more than that, but you have to have at least 10 hours a week spare.
  • trampyblonde
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.

I work 8-6 but need the extra money in top of my wages so not sure if it's worth getting an extra evening job.

What is Lionbridge though?
  • trampyblonde
    Options
    I have a few hours spare in the evenings and quite a few at the weekends. Im willing to work as hard as possible to earn the cash.
  • Sailor_Sam
    Options
    Depending upon how many hours you are putting in with the OU, do you think you may be trying to do too much ?

Earlier this year i started with the OU, i've been looking for my next course, and read about the web design one. They do one which is a set of six courses, but because i've not got any previous experience would need to do a shorter course first.
    Is that what you are doing ? Could i PM you, or you me, to give me your views on it.
    Goodluck Trampy.
    A good cowboy always drinks upstream from the herd.
    A good cowgirl always keeps her calves together.
  • piglet74
    piglet74 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How many hours do you want to put in? I work for Lionbridge part time from home and earn more than that, but you have to have at least 10 hours a week spare.

are lionbridge currently recruiting?
  • LindsayO
    Options
    piglet74 wrote: »
    are lionbridge currently recruiting?

try googling "Lionbridge Internet Assessor"
    LindsayO
    Goal: mortgage free asap
    15/10/2007: Mortgage: £110k Term: 17 years
    18/08/2008: Mortgage: £107k Mortgage - Offset savings: £105k
    02/01/2009: Mortgage: £105k Mortgage - Offset savings: £99k

• trampyblonde
    Options
    Sailor Sam, yeah thats the course im doing - dont start the 6 set course till Feb though. I started off with the beginners course T183 in May. Feel free to PM me.
  • piglet74
    piglet74 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LindsayO wrote: »
    try googling "Lionbridge Internet Assessor"

i applied to them in Oct time, but they said they were not recruiting and wud keep my CV on file,
  • charliefarlie1307
    Options
    Hi I use to work part time after having my baby but recently got made redundant. I found out about becoming a bodyshop consultant and doing body shop partys. Im now earning ruffly £50 per party and I can party every night of the week if I want. If your interested let me know. You can earn as much or as little as you want. You do the partys in the evenings which is when kids are in bed. You earn 25% of the party total and I have never sold less than £200 per party. And its fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport