🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

TCA Markets

Options
This is weird. http://www.tcamarkets.com/index.php. They claim to be looking to employ you, but you have to pay £3000 for the privilege. Is it a scam? A new one on me if it is, but if it's not, I'm not sure that I can figure out the logic behind what they're doing.

Comments

• RiaMac_2
    Options
    The general rule I live by is, if they ask for money up front it's a scam.

Fair enough they will say it's to learn how to trade stocks and shares. But who wants to be a novice in that game at this time??? Def. not me. Keep your money and find somewhere less risky to use it. Unless of course you can afford to lose this amount of cash, in which case I will gladly take it off you :rotfl:
    Ria :dance:

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
    Charles M. Schulz
    Wins since January 2014 Naked Wines - 6 bottles, Good Reads - Book
  • remember_me_3
    Options
    They sell at training couse for £3k. It used to cost £9k but they cut the duration of it and the cost. I think they had some issues early on but i have heard it is pretty good now.

After they have trained you they offer to back you to trade for them. If you make money they keep backing you, if you don't they stop.

I have been on a weekend training course for £3k plus so a it looks ok on value. The fact they back you with their money say something, i guess you could say they just back you with the training fee but then the training is free so what ever way you look at it it looks ok. I guess it depends if you make money trading.

They got some bad press from people paying £9k who i guess failed to make money trading after the course.

They offer a money back guarantee now so i guess that says something.
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    I'm with RiaMac: If they ask for money upfront, then it is most likely a scam!

Of course, you can learn to trade shares by looking at other sites such as The Motley Fool, and for free too (I think you just need to register an account): our Martin concentrates on advising us on looking for best deals on borrowing and saving, and he steers clear of investments because they are more complicated.
  • 007Gizmo
    Options
    Guys, I joined TCA a couple of months ago.... in fact I came across TCA around July 08 but due to the negative feedback on some of the sites probably from the ones who joined when they were charging 9K i was reluctant to join. After alot of research and time i decided to make an appointment and finally visited TCA in October. To be honest i wasn't overawed by them initially. I had plenty of questions, but the mentors looked like they knew what they were talking about. I took a gamble and signed up and so far they've met my expectations. As far as im aware they never promised that you'll be a millionaire overnight and that is the truth. This is not a lottery scheme. Their approach was far more realistic than what i expected. The training pack includes a booklet which they post once you've signed up, then the softwares (CQG, HotComm, ProRealTime) and news feedback. The mentoring was quite impressive. I was on the simulator for a month, thats also due to the fact that i already had some knowledge on trading. If you're a complete rookie then you have to make them aware of it so you'll get more attention and guidance from them and it could take a bit longer. They constantly kept monitoring my trades, and i really have to be honest here, i learnt to be disciplined after i joined TCA. This guy called Daniel, just kept screaming through HotComm everytime i made a stupid mistake and corrected it for me. They also call me every now and then to make sure that im happy and im finding things alright. They can be approached via email, hotcomm and phone anytime of the day.

To be honest its quite simple to look at anything and have a negative thought, but the ultimate challenge is yours, and its your money. You pay for the training, once they feel that you're fit to go on live they put you in.

One piece of advise guys, if you really are ambitious and don't want to be just another person on this planet or want to be financially free then you have to take risks. Just think of that 3K as an investment/capital for your future. If you really are determined and your willing to take losses in a stride then go ahead with it, or else please don't be quick to point your finger at someone else just because you're not strong enough to handle this. Trading is an Art, a Skill, a Profession and is not for ALL. Do it only if you are a Doer. "the market pays the professionals handsomely, and takes it back from the ROOKIES"

PS - please PM me for more info.

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills