Good site for selling books??

Options
Hi guys we have quite a few books we would like to try and sell and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of a good site???

Thanks

Lindsay xxxxx
PAD Challenge Start Again 02/03/2009 :T £241.20
Cap One £670/£647, Next £950/£863, Mothercare £270, Simply Be £375

Wedding fund: £118.52 £2 Savings £22

Comments

• Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Amazon or Ebay. Check the Ebay forum there a thread on there about Amazon

Selling Your Stuff on Amazon Part 11 - Advice for newbies in first two posts (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Be careful with Amazon though. As postage is fixed rate and the few books I sold I made a lose on postage. I didnt factor that in when I just want rid of the books so under cut other sellers a little bit. I dont regret that but I wouldn't be in a rush now to do it
  • Teresa60
    Options
    www.greenmetropolis.com, Ive sold a few books on here.
  • gazza975526570
    Options
    Teresa60 wrote: »
    www.greenmetropolis.com, Ive sold a few books on here.

never heard of these but had a look at their site - how longdo things take to sell?
  • Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    i have sold a few on pgbids.co.uk as well as play and amazon. If they are only 1p i sometimes put them on a book swapping website. http://www.readitswapit.co.uk/TheLibrary.aspx i can never have enough books to read lol
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,314 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    never heard of these but had a look at their site - how longdo things take to sell?

I keep about 150 books listed on Greenmet and sell on average 2 a month, although so far this month I haven't sold a bean.

My main stock is on Amazon and that works for me, although as said earlier check, check and double check the actual amount you are going to get before you click to confirm the listing. If that net amount does not cover your post and packing then charity shop the book instead.

For rarer or quirky stuff I use ebay.

There are lots of book sellers on the ebay and other auctions board if you want more info.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Dex
    Dex Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    Hey,

i'd second amazon, had some great success on there but as others have said be careful about the post and packing - one thing amazon has over ebay is that if you don't sell then you don't get charged a fee.

Dex
    1 debt vs 100 days part 6-11total paid £8,135.86 Final Debt [STRIKE]6,948.61[/STRIKE] £3,174.94
  • snowyemma2008
    Options
    Amazon are good for selling text books & academic ones, I have sold about 10 of my uni books on there no problems and got a resonable price for them because i re-use jiffy's & just up the price of the book a little to cover postage cost's. Amazon charges are a bit of a joke though but worth it to sell the book rather than them gathering dust. Otherwise for any other books i would try sell student stuff (if academic book's) or eBay for any other's.

- Emma -
    xx
    Member of Slice the Pie, Lightspeed, One Poll, Valued Opinions & Consumer Pulse. Avon Rep - July 2009! Martin Lewis Offers used - FREE Nails Inc Nail polish worth £10.50 with Glamour Mag, 20% off at New Look, 10% off Magazines at WHsmiths, 20% off at Woolworths.
  • lyzzys
    lyzzys Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I mainly use listbooks.co.uk - no fees at all and you set your own price/postage costs
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    I sell on Play.com and have managed to sell a fair few books; 2 this week in fact.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure