Toluna

Options
Hi,

On my OnePoll account is flashing an advert for Toluna surveys inviting me to sign up.

Anyone registered with them? Can you advice whether they are reliable and how many surveys do you get, what is the pay like?

Thank you
Any

Comments

• nesssie1702
    nesssie1702 Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been registered with Toluna for a number of months now, but find that when I get a survey invite that I'm not eligible :(

Don't think that the pay is that good, I've got over 3000 points but not sure what that translates to in money....
  • lookoutapiano_2
    Options
    I've been a member since about September and i've got around 60,000 points now which i can convert into a £12 voucher for a few places. I find that i get loads of surveys but often don't qualify.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm, I find that extremely annoying when you get lots of surveys you don't qualify for. I get that at the moment with Ipsoss - I get a survey, they ask me few very specific questions and then they say I don't qualify. Which I find extremely strange especially as they send "update surveys" you don't get paid for every single month.. I am beginning to think it is ripp off.
  • SuperMum2008
    Options
    Im the same - have given up on Toluna, Lightspeed crashed my pc, and there are several others where you click furiously for 5 minutes only to be told you arent needed. Do they use the info they gather up until that rejection point? If so they are doing very nicely out of me!!
    Feel free to thank me, it makes my toes tingle and my ears go warm :T
  • cheap_charlie
    Options
    You need to visit Toluna every day - and check for the quick surveys which will earn you anything from 15 points to 150 points. Do this and your points will stack up.

I agree regarding the surveys frequently timing you out, but lo and behold I got one today and qualified for it. I also got offered Lightspeed and Valued Opinions ones that I didn't qualify for, so its swings and roundabouts.

Best thing about Toluna for me was getting a £90 Braun epilator to test :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 - member 402 :)

• stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    Options
    Any wrote: »
    Hmm, I find that extremely annoying when you get lots of surveys you don't qualify for. I get that at the moment with Ipsoss - I get a survey, they ask me few very specific questions and then they say I don't qualify. Which I find extremely strange especially as they send "update surveys" you don't get paid for every single month.. I am beginning to think it is ripp off.

Any,

So it is not just me. The last 6 I went through all the trouble completing first few pages - and then not qualified. Iposs is now directed to my deleted items folder.

Stebiz
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • ukgrime
    ukgrime Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    i haven't had a survey from them for a few months , so i just do the polls.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    Options
    Stebiz,
    It seems like there is a lot of us then who get the same.
    I bet they do gather the info up to the point of rejection. Like once it asked me what kind of crisp do we eat, how often do I buy, where do I buy them and then it rejected me. Isn't this enough info to put together a survey?

TNS which I do at least give you 25 points if you don't qualify. I mean, it is not much, but it is something and they tell you you don't qualify early on.
  • Norton_Blade
    Options
    I got up to my 60000 points with Toluna and have now given up. It's far too much effort for a £10 voucher which they take months to email through to you.

I'm sticking to the ones in my sig... I've had pretty good returns from all of them so far. Globaltestmarket even give you 5 points if you don't qualify and 1000 points earned me a £28 cheque last month and I'm already at 605 point again.
  • Fiona20082
    Options
    I get lots of surveys too but don't always qualify. But there are mini polls on their website which you can get some points for. I'd say it's still worth joining, but like others have said, sometimes you'll have to answer loads of questions before you are eventually told that you are not eligible.
    Dec wins: ipod touch, £600 shopping trip Jan wins: £20 book vouchers, Live Lounge 3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure