free trial Sainsburys DVD Rental

Options
just got email from sainsburys saying they are doing 30 day free trial on dvd rentals, no obligation and can cancel at anytime

30 day free trial

Comments

• rattla
    rattla Posts: 475 Forumite
    Options
    I see that there is a bit to put in a friends name if they have reffered you. Do you know if you get anyhting from this?? If so does anyone want me to stick their name down? :) Puno??
  • rattla
    rattla Posts: 475 Forumite
    Options
    Just found it!

If I refer a friend, do I get anything in return?
    Yes! First, let your friends know about our service by clicking on "Tell a Friend" in the top menu bar. If your friend becomes a full member of Sainsbury's DVD Rental you'll be given a free month for yourself.

I sounds like the refferer needs to put their name in on the site. I don't know if they give you a free month if you go and cancel within the month? ???
  • dave_on_the_save
    Options
    Looks like they use 'lovefilm' as their distributor (although I am sure I will be corrected if wrong)...there is a free 44 day trial with them on one of the other boards. I am using it at the minute and can recommend ;D ;D
    Nice to save.
  • RoyalReccon
    Options
    whats the CODE for 44 days plzzzzzzz ?
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah look like lovefilm

http://www.lovefilm.com/

very similar site same graphics etc

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • Gem+Dave+Kaci
    Options
    it looks like Lovefilm but are they actually runing it as a Lovefilm affiliate? If they are then you can't sign up if you've already had the Lovefilm trial but if they're not then you can sign-up.

p.s. I'm with Lovefilm at the moment and I think they're terrible!! I put Jimmy Carr Live on my list as number 1 when I first signed up and now 3 weeks later they've finally sent it out to me!! Blockbuster's trial was brilliant though!! (would definitly recommend!)
  • Gem+Dave+Kaci
    Options
    I;ve just looked into the t&c and it DOES run over Lovefilm so if you've already 'enjoyed' a free trial with Lovefilm (and I must emphasise ENJOYED as I'm really not enjoying my free trial - then again, the trial is 'free' so I can't really complain too much) then they'll try to chrage you if you take out another free trial.
    Beware!
    Tesco also currently offer a free dvd rental service which is independant so it might be worth looking at that.
  • melodytoon
    Options
    If you've had a Lovefilm trial you won't be able to use the Sainsburys one. This is what I got when I tried:

"Important:

We notice that you have had a account in the past with us, LOVEFiLM or a LOVEFiLM-powered site. As per our Terms and Conditions, we only allow one free trial of our service per household, any subsequent reactivations are billed normally. If you do not wish to be charged for this membership, please do not continue."

That means you'll also be ruled out of CD-Wow & any others powered by Lovefilm. :(
  • Johnnypanic_2
    Options
    Going by experience, avoid Tesco dvd rental. Had an absolute nightmare time with them. Slow turnaround and they lost the last three disks they sent to me ::)

My experience with lovefilm was very good, pity I can't sign up again, but it does appear the wife may be able to ;D

Johnnypanic
    The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
  • jpwjpw
    jpwjpw Posts: 272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you want a 30 day free lovefilm DVD trial please go to :

https://www.lovefilm.com/signup1.php?rf_id=36574

You get 30 days, and if you become a member i get a free month, everyone wins :)

Cheers guys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport