Tiffany jewellery

Options
Am I right in thinking that the only stockists of authentic Tiffany and co jewellery are the actually Tiffany and co (UK or US) website/shops?

I just googled Tiffany and Co and this came up

http://www.tiffanystore.co.uk/

and the designs look identical, but surely they are not the originals???

Comments

• Melon78
    Melon78 Posts: 598 Forumite
    Options
    I'm pretty certain that it is only the 'Tiffany and Co' sites that sell the genuine pieces.

Having a quick look at your link i'm inclined to think the prices are too cheap to be genuine Tiffany in all honesty.

HTH
    Slightly worn out mum to 3 (DS1 May 03, DS2 Feb 05, DD1 Feb 08). When i grow up i think i'll become a UN Peace keeper....
  • Millie2008_2
    Options
    That is what I thought. In any case I will hide from OH as he bought my Tiffany set (years back)from the genuine site.....and it is waaaay cheaper on that site...eek
  • arnie&caseysma!
    Options
    Yip, tiffanystore are copies. My friend has a few pieces from there and when we were in the actual store last week we compared the items. The ones she has are smaller in design than the actual Tiffany items themselves. Still, they look the part!
    "Life may not always be the party you wish for, but whilst here you may aswell dance"!!!
    Murphy's NMPC Memb No 239!
    Dippychick's De-clutter club Member No 6! - onto room no 2!
    My Avatar? Arnie and Casey, proud parents to Storm and Tsu born 19/01/2009!!! - both now in new homes and called Murron and Burger!
  • SandC
    SandC Posts: 3,929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you want Tiffany then save up for the real thing.

Look at what it says on the website:

"If you find any website sells Tiffany jewelry at very low price, please pay attention to them. Usually the 100% sterling silver Tiffany jewelry cost more than £20 GBP or $30 USD, or you can suppose them to be silver plated. The silver plated items are very light in weight and not worth to be bought as a gift to your dearest. Please pay attention to them."

Any website that can't even write things in proper english is really not worth bothering with.

I would far rather get an original piece by an unknown but genuine name than some cheap copies like this.
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • Get on ebay!!! I got my mam a pendant with all the certs and box etc for 60 quid.
    It only takes a second to say 'Thanks, you just saved me a few quid!'

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge June
    Toiletries used up- 4 Makeup used up- 2
  • FunkyFairy
    Options
    I just have to share with you ladys. Its not realated but a lovely story.

My hubby came home from work on Friday and handed me a little blue box. I reconised it as a Tiffany box. I was smiling from ear to ear as i opened it. Inside was a silver chain. I said thank you very much to him and that was that.

Over dinner he handed me another little blue box. I could not belive it. Inside was a cupcake charm to go on the chain. Its so me as i bake cupcakes all the time.

http://uk.tiffany.com/Shopping/item.aspx?sku=GRP01860&cid=&search=1&search_params=s+1-p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+cupcake&mcat=

When i asked him what had i done to get such a fab pressie he answered we had or first date 12 years ago today :o
  • misfire
    misfire Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I bought a tiffany item of ebay - its definitely not original (it was from ebay tells you everything)... but my friend has a authentic one... mine is slightly heavier but if you look quickly you cant tell the difference.

This would make me very wary of buying tiffany from any where but the actual shop.
    Debt free May 2016 (without the support of MSE forum users that would never have been possible - thank you all)
  • lisaloo1977
    Options
    If it is too good to be true it is. I guess if you are happy with what you pay for from ebay then its all good, but 9/10 you are not getting the real thing.
    Ebay is well known for selling fake Tiffany items, if in doubt go look at all the guides on there telling you how to spot the fakes.

My partner got mine from The Tiffany store in the mall in Florida. It cost $300 at the exchange rate of 1.72 so a slight saving on the £195 UK price. I love it, but i have my eye on the charm style, i love the thought of being able to add on special occasions.
    :naughty:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport