PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Need help using Prezzy

Options
I've been given an oil sprayer thingy. It lookks like a chrome flask with a pump on the top for spraying oil onto woks etc. The destructions say:

Fill with 125ml oil/vinegar/water

Does this mean I fill with 125ml of oil AND vinigar AND water

or

fill with 125ml of oil OR vinegar OR water

:confused:

and help much appreciated.

Hope you all had a good Christmas by the way!
Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.

Comments

• Rave
    Rave Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    I should think that without anything to emulsify the oil you'd just end up with a seperated mixture in the flask. When we got one of those we just filled it with olive oil and used it to spray frying pans etc.

I suppose a vinaigrette spray would be pretty handy for dressing salads if you could get it to work!:)
  • GreenFingers_2
    Options
    Hello Math,

I'm guessing here but I would think it could have three possible distinct uses...

1. Fill it with oil for use around the garage, mechanical equipment and so on

2. Fill it with vinegar for household cleaning

3. Fill it with water for spraying indoor plants

Were there any instuctions or advice on its use? It sounds like a useful little device to me. :xmassmile
    :)The £2 Coin Savers Club = £346.00 (£300.00 transferred to Savings a/c)

:)"Some days you're a Pigeon...some days you're a Statue"
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It only has a little card with the destructions I put in the OP. I suspect that it is an unwanted recycled gift:rolleyes: I've seen them in cookware shops so I know it's for the kitchen. Maybe an OS Lakelandulite will know what to do with it. It looks like the overpriced tat (I mean useful kitchenalia) they sell;)
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    I think I've got something similar MATH,I seem to remember the instructions saying to fill with 1 part oil of choice and 9 parts water-I'm afraid it doesn't get used much,and yes it was from Lakeland and I think you're probably right about their stuff.
  • MATH
    Options
    Thanks Thriflady, If there is to be slagging off of Lakeland on these ere boards we must do so in hushed tones. There are some Ol'Stylers who will have us tied to the stake and slo-cooked before we could say "overpriced flour with bits in" heheheh.

I will try an oil and water mix and report back.
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    I'd say it was oil or vinegar or oil.

I'd fill it with oil and try it as a healthy way to lightly oil a pan for frying. If it doesn't work then you can at least empty the oil back into the original bottle.
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Dora_the_Explorer_5
    Options
    Since when did oil and water mix? I betcha it's for either oil, or vinegar, or water :xmassmile

I also betcha it's from the place we used to call the Plastics Factory where we used to buy turkey freezer bags and nowt much else, in the year dot in the Lake District
    :snow_laug :snow_laug :snow_laug
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My sister has one of these. I believe it is for oil OR vinegar etc, so that you can just spritz your pan or roasting veggies etc with a mist of oil instead of drowning them.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Don't weightwatchers sell these, incredibly overpriced, as a way of minimising the amount of oil you use for frying eggs and other stuff? :rudolf:

Just a likkle squirt in the f pan and you can do a really 'healthy' fried meal (seriously, it is better for you) :xmassmile
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • MATH
    Options
    I've tried it tonight on my Hassleback potatoes. I just put oil in it and it worked better than drizzling cos the fine mist didn't disturb the ribboned potato. Crispy 'n' crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy inside Yum. :xmassmile
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure