Help! Job speculation letter ...

Options
Hi guys, I hope you can help me!

I was made redundant recently, but so far I've been lucky enough to get a temp job, although for a much lower wage than I was earning. Dont get me wrong, the fact that I'm earning something is great! It's not exactly taxing work (I'm in credit control), but it's keeping the roof over my head.

About about a month ago, I interviewed for what would have been possibly my dream job. Unfortunately, I didnt get it as I was pipped at the post by someone who applied direct and came from virtually the same industry. Now, the feedback I had was on the whole very positive but it was mentioned that there was a bit of negativity on my behalf over the Company I'd been made redundant from. (At that time, it was 2 weeks after the event). I hadnt realised that I had come across this way and that's a real shame, but has given me something to work on.

The advice that I need is that I believe the job may have come back onto the market, but I cant get hold of the agency that originally put me forward. So I thought I might send a speculation letter direct?

Can someone please critique the following letter and maybe offer some advice? Last thing I need is to come across as some kind of desperate bunny-boiler! And maybe the reason I havent heard this time (if it is back on the market) is because they're really not interested! But I have to try!

~~~~~~~~~
Dear Carol,

We met recently at interview when you were advertising for an experienced Credit Controller.

Although I clearly did not win the position, I thought I would write direct as the role you advertised is one I am very interested in and I feel with my experience that I could be an asset to your team.

Please find enclosed my current curriculum vitae. I am available for interview immediately and my mobile telephone number is: XXXXX XXXXXX

I hope you will bear me in mind should your team need expanding in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
~~~~~~~~~~~

I could really use some constructive criticism for what could be the job of my dreams! Incidentally, I have searched the forum for anything similar, but I couldnt come up with anything!

All your help is very much appreciated! Thank you!
I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum
Cos how can you be gloomy, when the sun shines out your bum? :D

Comments

• lv1109
    lv1109 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    MrsB2100 wrote: »
    Dear Carol,

We met recently at an interview when you were advertising for an experienced Credit Controller.

Although I was not successful in my application for the position at the time, I thought I would write to you directly as the role you advertised is one I am very interested in and I feel with my experience that I could be an asset to your team.

Please find enclosed my current curriculum vitae. I am available for interview immediately and my mobile telephone number is: XXXXX XXXXXX
    I hope you will bear me in mind should your team need expanding in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Not a huge critique but I hope this helps!

LV
    :heart2: Katie & Benjy - I'll meet you at Rainbow Bridge......:heart2:
  • MrsB2100
    MrsB2100 Posts: 793 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooooh, thank you! :beer: I knew it didnt sound right but I couldnt for the life of me work out how it was wrong!!! :T :T :T
  • scotsjamie
    Options
    does dear carol not sound a bit over friendly, i think maybe dear miss/mrs whatever would be better,
  • MrsB2100
    MrsB2100 Posts: 793 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, I thought Dear Carol, because we've met already - and I wanted to give the more friendly impression rather that the colder one ... but, on a proffesional note yes, I think you're right ... I think I'll change that!

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills