IVA's / Bankrupcy and Employement

New Post Advanced Search

IVA's / Bankrupcy and Employement

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
2 replies 1K views
mother_hen_2mother_hen_2 Forumite
461 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
If I understand it accurately, IVA's are also recorded on public registers like bank r. therefore, unless employees search these formatts then would how would they find out if one of their staff has had finance issues?
(I dont know if i've made myself clear on the above question)

Replies

• peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some employers, especially banks, do regular credit checks on their employees, it would also be flagged up on your credit report.

Some jobs you are legally obliged to tell your employer you are on the insolvency register.

However, if your employer has no reason to check, they wouldn't find out (unless someone you work with happened to google you)
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Deep_In_DebtDeep_In_Debt Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your job is regulated by the FSA for example, like my old job was, then yes, you have to declare it.

However, unless it's noted in your contract then I wouldn't think there is a need to say anything.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support