We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Call Out Allowances

Options
Hi,

We've been asked to consider working call outs, and what are our thoughts on the subject.

Can I ask those whose work entails call outs what your allowances are please?

Specifically :-
  • Standby Allowance
  • Mileage rates (if you use your own car)
  • Pay rates (ie. time, time+half, double etc)
  • What happens if the callout happens over night (ie. 3am); are you expected to be at work normally the next day, or are you allowed to start later the next day without it impacting on your normal working hours.
Thanks
A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.

Comments

• safesound
    safesound Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    Belnahua wrote: »
    Hi,

We've been asked to consider working call outs, and what are our thoughts on the subject.

• Standby Allowance £50 a week
    • Mileage rates (if you use your own car) N/A
    • Pay rates (ie. time, time+half, double etc) standard overtime (guaranteed min 2 hours)
    • What happens if the callout happens over night (ie. 3am); are you expected to be at work normally the next day, or are you allowed to start later the next day without it impacting on your normal working hours. Start work + 8 hours from finishing last call
    Thanks

This is what my DH does. I think its a pittance but as I don't know anyone else who does call outs I don't really have anything to compare it with.
    :A:A:A:A:A:A
  • Madjock
    Madjock Posts: 744 Forumite
    Options
    Belnahua wrote: »
    Hi,

• Standby Allowance £288 gross for 7 days of on call
    • Mileage rates (if you use your own car) N/A
    • Pay rates (ie. time, time+half, double etc) £50 if he can't fix from home
    • What happens if the callout happens over night (ie. 3am); are you expected to be at work normally the next day, or are you allowed to start later the next day without it impacting on your normal working hours. Depends when the call out ends, usually go in at lunchtime the next day
    That's what my OH gets, he works in telecoms software.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport