🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Contract change

Options
Hi, Can anybody help me my employer wants to change my contract, they want to change my holiday year from April to March to January to December, I don't have a problem with this as my entitlment will be the same, but have heard on the grapevine that they want to take my sick pay entitlement away, can they do this?

Thanks

Alison

Comments

• Liz_the_Whizz
    Options
    Hi Alison,

Changes to employment contracts should be by negotiation and agreement, otherwise there is a breach of contract. Changes are often negotiated via a collective agreement, eg via a trade union, to make the process less cumbersome.

It is probably unlikely that your employer is seeking to remove your sick pay entitlement altogether, but it could be that they are seeking some change to entitlement and/or procedures. If you have a trade union, ask them what they know. If not, you could speak to HR or your manager about your concerns.

Leave year changes can be more complicated than you might think, so make sure you know exactly where you are with your entitlements on transition - there is scope for all sorts of double-counting chaos:rolleyes: .
    "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm" (Sir Winston Churchill)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport