Fixed Rate Mortgage

Options
i took a fixed rate mortgage out in AUGUST when my last fixed rate ended i managed to get 6.49 % fixed for 5 years with a 1.5% penalty if i came out of it early now that mortgages rates are begginning to fall would it be worth me in light of the bank of england .5% cut then the recent 1.5% cut would it be worth me remorgageing and paying the penalty charge ive still got 10 years left on my mortgage or should i hang on as rates may drop again i think it would be better to do it now can you advise please thank you regards MICHAEL CROARKIN [EMAIL="michael.croarkin@tesco.net"]michael.croarkin@tesco.net[/EMAIL]

Comments

• savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Michael I wouldnt post email addresses here they get picked up by spam bots
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Or those nasty lurking ( as opposed to contributing) mortgage brokers
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    would like to think we will see some more competitive fixed rates come out. Please check your penalty - most are bigger than that... you would also need to take into account fees for moving / new deal
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its complicated changing mortgage especially when you dont have such a large one as there is less to gain by switching and more to loose if you go for one that has a high fee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure