HSBC remortgage & DMP

Options
Our 5 yr fixed rate is due to finish with HSBC in April 09, I took out a DMP 2 years ago, can anyone advise if we are not moving and need to get a new fixed rate with HSBC will they penalise us for me being on a DMP? Our current rate is 4.75%

Would they make us go on the variable rate? Any advise would be gratefully recieved....thank you.:confused:
:DBeen with CCCS since March 07....MSE gave me a shove to my LB moment!!!:T

Comments

• creditwreck
    Options
    Oh forgot to say have not defaulted on any mortgage payments and my OH's credit rating is clean!
  • sarkin
    sarkin Posts: 785 Forumite
    Options
    If you stay with your current lender there is no credit score, you will be safe
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    HSBC will only do a credit check if you're extending the term or increasing the mortgage amount.
  • creditwreck
    Options
    Andy & Sarkin thanks for your replies, I can sleep tonight.....Martin you are an angel for setting this site up.

Also thanks for the general helpfulnes and unwaveriung support this website offers, I'm not sure how I managed before.

Can't express how wonderful everyone is:T
  • pinksparkle_2
    Options
    _Andy_ wrote: »
    HSBC will only do a credit check if you're extending the term or increasing the mortgage amount.

Hi Andy

Is it possible to increase your mortgage even on a DMP then???

I am also on a DMP, DH credit clean and never defaulted or been in arrears on mortgage...

What do you think???

Pinksparkle
    xxx
  • _Andy_
    Options
    Hi Andy

Is it possible to increase your mortgage even on a DMP then???

I am also on a DMP, DH credit clean and never defaulted or been in arrears on mortgage...

What do you think???

Pinksparkle
    xxx

If you're with HSBC - very unlikely.
  • pinksparkle_2
    Options
    _Andy_ wrote: »
    If you're with HSBC - very unlikely.

No Im with The fantastic NR...But if we were to move mortgages is there any chance we could increase our mortgage?

Pinksparkle
  • _Andy_
    Options
    No Im with The fantastic NR...But if we were to move mortgages is there any chance we could increase our mortgage?

Pinksparkle

Would depend on the lender - as you have adverse credit the best bet would be to speak to a decent whole of market broker.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure