remortgaing

Options
Can someone advise me on where to go for self cert mortgages - I have 400.000 equity in my house no mortgage but need to release 35,000! Sounds easy but it's so hard as I cannot prove in come I am not working at the moment but receive approx £19,000 per anum - should I give up and let my daughter who lives with me take on a mortgage - will she then have to pay capital gains tax if I put her name on the deeds and how would it be received if she is self employed for 6 months but can prove her income - help my head is spinning as I have no idea where to look

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Where does the £19k come from?
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    As long as you can answer Andy's question it could be fairly straightforward getting a mortgage
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • coiningit
    Options
    Thanks for replying - it would be made up of state payouts of £586 plus £400 maintenance £600 for rent from daughter - no-one seems interested in such a small amount -
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    Plenty lenders will take into account the maintenence and benefits/tax credits credits. The rent from your income would not be counted.

Even on that basis you should be able to get a mortgage agreed with some lenders
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure