Recycle empty Calor Gas canisters for the NSPCC

We need your old Calor gas cylinders! Empty Calor gas cylinders can be returned to any of the 312 participating Calor Gas Direct outlets in the UK between 1 January and 31 December 2008. For every cylinder returned between these dates, Calor will automatically donate £5 directly to ChildLine. For further information about Calor Gas and to locate your nearest participating Calor Gas Direct outlet, telephone 0800 662 663.

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/getinvolved/shop/environmentallyfriendly/environmentfriendly_wda36467.html

Just saw this and thought someone might be interested :o
:beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
This Ive come to know...
So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:

Comments

• Hi lynzpower have you posted this on the charities board too?
  • linni
    linni Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks lynzpower. I have a few gas bottles from when I had a gas heater and barbque.. I will be contacting them soon.. Great Charity to support.
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Wow, what a great scheme!
    Have just writtten out the blurb below and posted it on my local Freecycle boards too.

Note to mods., First, apologies for not posting my title in the agreed format. Also apologies if this isn't an appropriate post...
    However, I do know that many folk have Calor gas bottles lurking unused in their sheds. Am also aware that they're items commonly dumped as folk aren't aware of environmentally-friendly ways to dispose of them.
    Was therefore delighted to discover this scheme whereby the NSPCC gets £5 for gas bottles delivered to one of the participating 312 outlets.
    http://www.nspcc.org.uk/getinvolved/shop/environmentallyfriendly/environmentfriendly_wda36467.html
    Need to get cracking however, as it finishes at the end of December.
    Hope this helps someone.

Feel free to copy & paste it and spread the word!

Update: 2 out of my 3 local groups have allowed my post through fine. However, the 3rd has sent me an email saying it doesn't fall within Freecycle's remit. OK, I'm aware that this is true to a point, but out of the 3 groups this one's the worst for "Freecycle abuse!" Very few of the posts follow the agreed posting format and they're definitely the worst for allowing greedy wants, e.g. Wiis, Sat navs, Quinny Buggies and specific models of (expensive,) mobile phones!
    Ah the irony!
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for bumping the thread about this great scheme, but what's the above post got to do with this thread?
    Silly
    Person doesn't
    Always read original
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport