MMR 10: The Norris Family

Please use this thread to discuss Make Me Rich 10: The Norrises. See
programme notes

Comments

• what a brilliant tip about looking on ebay for laser eye surgery - never would have thought of looking there.
    what a nice family too, I'm really surprised that they came in with a £1000 underspend at the end, I didn't think Martin would be able to do it as they were pretty good with their money to start with :T
    'Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams and fairy tales, thats's all she ever thinks about riding with the wind' - Little wing, Jimi Hendrix
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    This is the first MMR that I have watched and I thought that it's a great programme format. Like moonbeam, I was unsure whether Martin would be able to save the family enough money. Just goes to show that it is possible to cut back even more, even if you think that you're doing really well.

I'd better try to get myself sorted in a MMR type way.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • jue
    jue Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I really enjoyed this programme today.
    As the family were already good with money.....
    A job well done Martin.
    It just goes to show, you should never let your gaurd down with these companies...they want your money !!
    Jue :)
  • Blast, I so wanted to watch this one after reading the blog as I thought, as a spectacle wearer, that laser eye treatment would be very money saving compared to shelling out £300 odd for a pair of glasses every year or so.

icon9.gif
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Blast, I so wanted to watch this one after reading the blog as I thought, as a spectacle wearer, that laser eye treatment would be very money saving compared to shelling out £300 odd for a pair of glasses every year or so.

icon9.gif

Missed it as well. :(

Only one more day at work though and then I can watch it every day! :j
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Blast, I so wanted to watch this one after reading the blog as I thought, as a spectacle wearer, that laser eye treatment would be very money saving compared to shelling out £300 odd for a pair of glasses every year or so.

icon9.gif
    The answer was to look on ebay where companies with cancellations etc. sell the treatment cheaper.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • Blast, I so wanted to watch this one after reading the blog as I thought, as a spectacle wearer, that laser eye treatment would be very money saving compared to shelling out £300 odd for a pair of glasses every year or so.

icon9.gif

edinburghlass if I remember correctly the price she paid on ebay was around £800 as compared to the cheapest price of £1500 she found by going directly through the laser treatment companies, quite a saving! and Martin said the same as you on the programme about it being moneysaving too!
    'Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams and fairy tales, thats's all she ever thinks about riding with the wind' - Little wing, Jimi Hendrix
  • edinburghlass if I remember correctly the price she paid on ebay was around £800 as compared to the cheapest price of £1500 she found by going directly through the laser treatment companies, quite a saving! and Martin said the same as you on the programme about it being moneysaving too!

And there was me thinking that Martin didn't listen to me :rotfl:

I would never have thought of looking for laser treatment on Ebay, great idea, sadly no use to me as my bad eyesight is old age rather than something that laser treatment would help.

icon11.gif
  • gatra_2
    gatra_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Enjoyed this one, good one Martin.

Well done Norris's you made Martin earn his money on this one.
    Chocolate is the solution to all life's problems. Life happens, also coffee helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure