New Post Advanced Search

CSA Question...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Child Support
2 replies 1.7K views
TabbykattTabbykatt Forumite
88 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Child Support
I am hoping that someone may be able to answer this question for me. For the last 3.5yrs my ex has been paying maintenence through the CSA for our two children which has been going straight to the Government (I was on Income Support), on Saturday I married and on Monday I contacted the CSA about payments being made to me instead.
My ex has been having his payments subsidised as when the original claim was made he was looking after the children for so-many nights a year and had travelling expenses to see them etc etc. Over the last two years this has deminished to almost no contact (15 days this year!!) but I have never thought about having him re-assessed. When on the phone I just mentioned this fact and it seemed that the woman on the phone was like a dog on a bone but not about my ex husband but about MY NEW ONE???
It seems that they want a full evaluation of my new husbands income. Is this right?
Would this income have bearing on what my ex will pay. If so I know my ex will be laughing all the way to his bank.
Any help or own experinces would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new...... Albert Einstein


  • shantashanta Forumite
    193 posts
    I had this problem a couple of years ago. Just like you say they were like a dog with a bone. Virtually demanding my new partners income etc etc. I asked them to send me a letter to confirm that I was legally obliged to disclose these details. They sent me forms to fill in but no confirmation of a letter. I filled the forms in but refused to disclose my partners income on the grounds that I did not have to and the fact that my partner refused to disclose the information. The payments did not change and I never heard a thing again. I don't know if anything has changed legally since my dealings with them 2 years ago. Hope this helps.
  • Do what Shanta advises. Also inform them not to phone you and demand all correspondence is now done via letter.Then you have the evidence.Do not be bullied by this person.If you need to phone ask to be put through to a complaints resolution officer.Take their name and direct phone number and only deal with them. I would lodge a complaint against this person. I'm also concerned that maintenance will still be going to the secretary of state.You need to get this verified.The CRO is the only way to go...perhaps involve your MP they are useless and incompetent.

    There is also a loophole you can exploit to migrate onto CS2 if finances are not pressing.....
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support