MOT's in Portsmouth/Fareham

Does anyone know any decent places I can take my car to have it's MOT at the end of January.
I've phoned the Local councils & Bus Depots and they don't do it.
My car is getting on abit now and I don't want ripping off.

Thanks in advance.
Rachel

:xmassign:

Comments

• Hi Rachel,

I use a small garage in Southsea called Denbar Motors. They are located off Waverly Road. I am completely clueless when it comes to cars but since finding this chap I feel confident that I get a job well done at a reasonable price. I take both my cars there and it costs a fraction of the price of the main dealers that I used to use. The only downside is that it is a small concern and you get no frills of a larger garage and is sometimes best if you just drop the car off there in the morning and plan not to use it for the rest of the day. He does however give you a call when he has finished. I guess you get what you pay for. Everyone that I have recommended this guy to still continues to use him.

I hope you find him the same if you decide to use him.

Good luck in your search

Gareth
  • Glitterari
    Glitterari Posts: 597 Forumite
    I got my car done at Collinson Motoring services - 127-129 London Road, Cowplain. They were able to squeeze me in at the last minute too and they were done in just over an hour. Can't remember offhand but i think the MOT was around £50 inc VAT.

Carly
    Proud DFW Nerd #62:wink:

Became Debt Free in Oct 2006 - uni was hard - financially!! Now need to start again.... :rolleyes2

PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS :D
  • rach1973
    rach1973 Posts: 355 Forumite
    Thanks both

I took it to Allcars in Portchester - Castle Trading Estate, it passed :beer:

They advised me I was on the limit for one of my rear tyres and a back brake cable had perished so I took it in a few days later for those jobs....they told me to phone round for a quote and they beat it.

The MOT was £35 and after the work they even cleaned my car for me :T

Prehaps they realised that I wasn't going to be ripped off as I had one of Martin's Car Stickers in the back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure