Endowment-Advice Required

Hi there,
Wondered if anybody could give me some advice on Endowments.
I have a endowment mortgage with standard life for £43k. It was sold to me by a financial advisor.
It started on 26 Feb 1999 and runs for 25 years.
It was noted that if the investments ran at 6% then that would pay it off.
About a year ago I received a letter from standard life to say the endowment was on target!!!! so I have just left it. Im pay £92.34 each month.

My question is : Should i look into it or try and sell it?

I thought it was about time I looked into this endowment malarky...
Any advice would be grateful

thanks
paul ;)

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a fairly good endowment.

6% is a reasonable target growth rate. Standard Life bonus rates do have the potential to achieve that over the long term. Plus there is the demutualisation payout in 2006.

If its on track in the early years (when its extremely rare for endowment to be on track), then its a good sign. Probably down to the fact that yours didnt have much going into it prior to the stockmarket crash and as Standard Life treat each policy based on the time it is invested, you have gained from this.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS