Anyone heard of DS Trading company

I have received an email from the about an opportunity but know nothing about them.

There is no upfront payment and some of the info they have given me checks out but it seems like a good opportunity which has aroused my suspicion!

Thanks Jennie

Comments

• I have also received an e-mail as well as the contract from this company, could you tell me what you have found out about them, to help me decide what to do
    thanks noz
  • Did anyone go any further with this ?Sounds alittle dodgy to me.
  • hey guys...i have also got the contract for this job for ds trading company..i dont know if it is a scam or not...did any of you go ahead with it...pls reply...
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,275
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    you will be "handling Payments" , which means the police will come knocking on your door for the dodgy deals
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Has anyone registerd themselves yet?
    and has anyone made any money or been scammed ???

I'm thinking of registering. Comments please.:confused:
  • Has anyone actually done any work for these people yet? Thinking about it...but wanna be sure it aint dodgy
  • Hi All Just Joined The Forum And Reading This Thread- Does Anyone Have Any Further Info On This Company. Many Thans
  • if people could provide some actual details from the email rather than trying to keep it close to their chests, it would help maybe to look up more information.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,275
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    it's a scam , read this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=17393835

2 people been conned , quote :-

Please, Please, Please, anyone who receives a job offer from DS Trading company in USA, do not reploy and contact Trading Standards with the details. I too was offered a job by these people having searced for ages for a genuine work from home opportunity. They post ads on the big job boards and even purchase CV search access too and get your contact details from there.
    They are a genuine Money Laundering Scam, they paid funds into my bank account from an account of a woman who's bank details they had stolen. If you receive these funds and then do as they say and transfer them to their "clients" (less your 10% cut - salary) via western union you are liable to be arrested. If you have resopnded and given them your bank details, contact your bank immediately as stolen funds to your account will be imminent and if you contact your bank first you will be signalling you are not involved in their huge scam ring.

Please be warned people. If you check Western Union's website it also has an alert on there about the scam

http://www.westernunion.co.uk/web-inf/pdf/EasyMoney.pdf

and if you google money laundering scam or money transfer scam (and/or) Job you will see just how concerning it is.

and also

Yep - I just got scammed by DS. Now Barclays has closed my a/c - even though I didn't transfer any cash to anywhere. They paid money (DS) in, and it was immediatly taken back out by USA bank of origin. Can't contact Barclays till Monday. Misery.

Be careful, these people don't care who they involve.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • DS Trading is utterly scandalous and totally illegal.

It manifests itself in a genial 'job offer', and subsequent correspondence with them is highly professional and they offer you an Employment contract (including USA head office address), who their client types are, what your many and varied duties will be, and even offer an FAQ page. Their trade is in 'internet auctions' such as e-bay etc.

Upon job acceptance, unbeknown to you, money is stolen from UK bank accounts and transferred to yours. You keep 10% 'fee' and transfer the rest to your 'customer' via Western Union. The bank details I offered were those of a bank book with a balance of 46p, and money can only be drawn from it if it's there, and you present the book, and funds must be cleared in order to obtain them.

I made 'trades'. I even called the police and although they were adamant about ensuring that I ensure the funds had cleared the account lest I get scammed, when you have just withdrawn £1,200, they clearly have. I wanted to appear transparent, and was informed I was doing nothing illegal.

3 weeks later, Halifax froze all my bank accounts and have requested I pay it all back, though this was via verbal telephone conversation with Retail Fraud and not as yet confirmed by letter. I have compiled a complete police dossier with transaction details (at least to prove I didn't nick it and have no connection with these !!!!!!!s), and also the complete e-mail communication thread with these vermin from the start as now, I'm the victim and certainly not a perpetrator. When I receive the letter, I will go to the police. It's that serious.

I too was scammed...BE VERY WARNED!!

These people are unscrupulous vermin, though you have to question the Banks' incredibly vulnerable security systems as well...
    :mad::mad::mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport