I'm sitting here devastated!

Options

Comments

• nova
    nova Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    dumb luck, I feel for you. You've only had your lbm very recently, and it's great to begin to feel that you are finally getting back in control. However, you will have the odd wobbly over the next few months where it doesn't seem to matter how very hard you try, some bug ger always comes along to spoil it. I am still learning the hard way not to react to stroppy letters immediately, especially with tears and tantrums. Even urgent stuff can be put on hold while you make a cup of tea, and get some advice on here, or even just think it through and put it into perspective. It stops you making things worse for yourself when you do get in contact. Horrible things always come along to take the shine off something good that has happened - you have to learn not to let it. It can take a lot of learning (well, it does for me-hot tempered, grumpy person that I am at times!)

good luck xxx

Hi All,hope you dont mind me joining in! l couldnt agree with you more, l know its easier said than done but l deal with mt debts with a happy composure as shouting and screaming only upsets ourselves, only l did have a major relapse! yesterday l rang creation financial services to give them one more chance to pay back my ppi and they were horrid and l really gave them a mouthful which just made me feel really bad. Then in anger entered a claim through mcol! now lm panicking!!
    Nice to meet all on this thread.
    nova
  • dumb_luck
    Options
    nova wrote: »
    Hi All,hope you dont mind me joining in! l couldnt agree with you more, l know its easier said than done but l deal with mt debts with a happy composure as shouting and screaming only upsets ourselves, only l did have a major relapse! yesterday l rang creation financial services to give them one more chance to pay back my ppi and they were horrid and l really gave them a mouthful which just made me feel really bad. Then in anger entered a claim through mcol! now lm panicking!!
    Nice to meet all on this thread.
    nova

Hi Nova, of course you can join in- sorry you had a bad moment yesterday- it's amazing how bad someone you've neve even met before can make you feel:mad:
    LBM June 2008 Debt at LB £6906.65 :eek:
    Payments to date-£2933.87
    1 year to lose:j 20 pounds- September 2009 (9 so far) (Weight loss the old style way)
    "A life lived in fear, is a life half lived"
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Dumb Luck, i've just been reading through your thread and I think your doing so well. And your not a waster, we all have bad times in our lives and you're working so hard to get back on top. :T

I don't know how those horrible people sleep at night, it awful to think that some people don't know about places like MSE so just believe what these idiots have to say and suffer in silence. :mad:

Anyway just thought i'd say hello and wish you good luck :)

Hayley xx
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • MyLastFiver
    Options
    Dumb Luck,

A couple of things for you to ponder. If you are left with just £70 a month for food then you need to renegotiate your Payplan payment. You are not expected to starve in order to service your debts.

Let the loan sharks take you to court. They cannot "make you bankrupt" - only a court can do that, and as you are not bankrupt (you have money to service you debts) you will not be declared bankrupt. You will receive a County Court Judgement to pay x per month towards your debt with Scumbag Loans ltd, and it will only be what you can afford to pay. If all you can afford is £5 per month or whatever, that's what the court will order. The County Court is not there to serve the interests of your creditors - it is there to make a decision that is fair to both parties.

And don't worry - you will never have to declare on a teacher's application form that you have a CCJ. The only detrimental effect is that you will not be able to get credit for 8 years but I'm guessing that, as your credit rating will be completely shot by now, that's the case anyway. And besides, 8 years without being able to obtain credit is exactly what some of us need!

As for increasing your income, how about doing some private tuition? It's £25 per hour for A-Level tuition and it's money for old rope! You can choose whether or not to tell Payplan about this extra income.

Good luck, and !!!! 'em all :-)
    My Debt Free Diary I owe:
    July 16 £19700 Nov 16 £18002
    Aug 16 £19519 Dec 16 £17708
    Sep 16 £18780 Jan 17 £17082
    Oct 16 £17873
  • littleangels3
    Options
    Hi there, sorry your having a bad time of it but regarding the ebay if you could afford to repay them they will reinstate you & then you'd be able to start selling things x
    #18 Weekly savings challenge 2015(£220.80-£1378)
    #100-£365 in 365 days challenge 2015 (£62-365)
    #203-Sealed pot challenge 8-2015 (£7.50-£100)
    Payment a day 2015- (£151) Xmas park savings £68
    #70 £10-£1000 Emergency Fund Member
    #62 £2 savers Club Member- £34
  • dumb_luck
    Options
    OMG Mylastfiver- you have just made me feel loads better- thank you so much :-) You are right though- CCJ's are not asked for but BR's is. Thank you :-) Bankruptcy is what I'm terrified of, and what you've said has eased my fear. x
    LBM June 2008 Debt at LB £6906.65 :eek:
    Payments to date-£2933.87
    1 year to lose:j 20 pounds- September 2009 (9 so far) (Weight loss the old style way)
    "A life lived in fear, is a life half lived"
  • MyLastFiver
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better. A few years down the line, all this messy business will just be a funny story you tell at dinner parties :beer:
    My Debt Free Diary I owe:
    July 16 £19700 Nov 16 £18002
    Aug 16 £19519 Dec 16 £17708
    Sep 16 £18780 Jan 17 £17082
    Oct 16 £17873
  • Ms-Pacman
    Options
    ive used a pre paid card to pay creditors,

the plus side is you can top up by the amount you want to pay and they can only take an amount on the card

the negative is that there is a small charge to use the card but it certainly means they won't get more than on the card and it cannot go overdrawn it just declines it!
  • cappuchinokid
    Options
    I work in a doctors surgery and if you have insulin or tablets for your diabetes then all your prescriptions are free, not just your diabetes medication, you will need a medical exemption certificate which your doctor should have a supply of so just ask. Make sure it is the medical condition form you ask for, the low income form is different. The NHS is a bit different from the Irish system and can be confusing if you don't understand how it all works. It won't cost you anything to get the form signed, if you ask the chemist for a special receipt for the prescriptions you are paying for after you have sent the form off you may be able to claim that back once you get the exemption card through. That £24 could make a big difference.
  • sparklymessygirl
    Options
    Hi dumb luck,

I was wondering about your accommodation - do you live in a shared house or in a flat on your own? Possibly the former would be a bit cheaper? I am a bit out of touch with London prices though.

Sparkly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport