Market research outside London

Hi all. On the Gumtree London site I have a LOT of ad for market research interviews,where you go to their offices and answer questions about stuff like your mobile phone or holidays.They normally pay you about 50 pounds cash. But the trouble is I'm in birmingham,and travelling all the way to Lonon for these interviews is not convenient. Also the coach fares are fairly expensive. So I searched the Birmingham Gumtree site and saw only about 2 ads for market resewarch,if that.And these didn't even pay that much.
Does anyone now any market research companies recruiting people from Birmingham? Birmingham is a very large city,about 3 million ppl,so I'm surprised no one is recruiting form here.
Thanks.

Comments

• Sorry I can't help, but would also be interested if anyone knows of this type of thing up north.
  • Sal_55
    Sal_55 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Just bumping this up as I need the extra money quite urgently. Thanks.
  • I think Saros sometimes have stuff in Birmingham

http://www.sarosresearch.com/main-index.html

also maybe indiefield
    https://www.indiefield.net/
  • katrss7
    katrss7 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Hi there. I work for a Market Research company that recruits all over the UK. The majority of our work requires us to recruit people for one off research and that means that people can't do it repeatedly. There are a few viewing studios in Birmingham that you could contact and ask for your details to be passed on to a recruiter in your area. Go onto the MRS website and look for studios advertised there - this will give you an idea of where to start. Hope something comes up soon for you.
    1 debt in 100 days £48.43/£374 - over 10% paid!

Stash busting 3/20 projects completed

Debt: [STRIKE]£22,025[/STRIKE] ] £21271 debt free date Oct 2016.
  • sprouter
    sprouter Posts: 71 Forumite
    katrss7 wrote: »
    The majority of our work requires us to recruit people for one off research and that means that people can't do it repeatedly.

That's what they say but I've averaged about one focus group a week for the last 4 or 5 years and I'm always told to say I've never done a group previously, don't know anybody else on the group, was selected at random, etc.

I got into it by word of mouth but having done this now for a few years, I've come to know a few of the recruiters and I believe they all have their own bank of volunteers. I'd just suggest OP asks around, friends, family, local pub, etc. and you'll probably find someone who does them.
  • Sal_55
    katrss7 wrote: »
    Hi there. I work for a Market Research company that recruits all over the UK. The majority of our work requires us to recruit people for one off research and that means that people can't do it repeatedly. There are a few viewing studios in Birmingham that you could contact and ask for your details to be passed on to a recruiter in your area. Go onto the MRS website and look for studios advertised there - this will give you an idea of where to start. Hope something comes up soon for you.

Hi, I went to the mrs website and could not see any viewing studios advertised in birmingham,can you please list some studios in birmingham? Thanks.
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    someone called Lynne Chapman once said she was setting something up but never heard anymore. I have registered with Indiefield and Saros but never got anywhere.

Any more info would be good on how to contact people in our local area?
    :footie:
  • Sal_55
    yes filling online surveys and getting 50 pence per survey is simply too much hassle. Going to a focus group and getting 50 pounds is much more time efficient.
    This reminds me,when companies make new products and need comusmers to give their opinions on them,stuff like biscuits or furniture,where do they advetise for volunteers to test the products? Thanks.
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    what happened to lynne chapman.
    :footie:
  • Sal_55
    so other than Gumtree, are there any sites which advertise market research studies? Also, who on earth is this lyenne chapman you keep talking about?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure