NU agree endowment mis-selling but...

I have had a very prompt reply from Norwich Union stating that they believe I was mis-sold my endowment in 1990 (25 year for £57K). The policy is still being used as a repayment vehicle for the mortgage.
However they also state that they will now identify whether I have incurred a financial loss as a result of their advice.
This worries me slightly. Are they saying that I might not have suffered a loss as a result of their advice?
Has anyone else had their mis-selling complaint upheld but received no compensation?
...and then the window licker said to me...

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This worries me slightly. Are they saying that I might not have suffered a loss as a result of their advice?

Correct.

At various times, the endowment and interest only mortgage would have had lower monthly repayments than a capital & repayment mortgage with life policy. This is taken into account.

Not all endowments are bad. The value of the plan may be sufficient to put you in a like for like situation with repayment mortgage. Dont worry about that too much as its unlikely. You would need a target growth rate endowment of around 4-5% which do exist but you wouldnt be complaining if you had one of those. Well, some people are because they see bad press and assume their good endowment is bad.
    Has anyone else had their mis-selling complaint upheld but received no compensation?

I believe that there has been cases like this. There are more cases of the compensation just being in the hundreds.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • knuckledraggerknuckledragger Forumite
    999 Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks DD. I'll await the next letter with trepidation...
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS