Final JSA payment

Options
I will be signing on for the final time tomorrow (yippee!):j. My partial JSA payment will cover 31/10 to 9/11, as starting work on 10/11. Does anyone know when I will be receiving the final payment
"The reason we're successful, darling? My overall charisma, of course." -- Freddie Mercury

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels - Anon.

Comments

• clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    Options
    about 3 days after they process it. I know we never used to input them until the day the person actually started work (and usually that afternoon) unless we were specially asked to do it eariler so they could pay for travel expenses. The reason we waited was because quite often when someone signed off in advance they'd then come back in saying the job had fallen through and if we'd already closed it then would have to do a new claim etc, if we hadn't done it we could just rip up the sign off card.

The system won't let them be done more than 7 days in advance. Therefore the earliest possible day for you to receive money would be the 5th, however the 12th/13th is more likely
  • la23hin
    la23hin Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    hi jumpycheese1

Could you please tell me how long it was b4 you recieved your final payment from signing off and also if you where entitled to run on was that payed all at the same time

thanks la23hin
  • wheretheresawill
    Options
    I had a total nightmare signing off and its still in the process of being resolved 3 weeks later due to total incompetence and despite my filling in forms and informing them no less than 14 times now that I am in work
  • irishgirl62
    irishgirl62 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    when i signed off i got my back to work credit and the lump sum of 250 quid that week
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
  • sammiboo
    sammiboo Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Options
    when i signed off i got my back to work credit and the lump sum of 250 quid that week

really? is this the normal proceedure? I signed off on wednesday and i was told my money would be stopped that day. I asked them if i would be entitled to any money because i wont be paid until end of august which means i would have to manage a month with no money at all.

They said i wasnt entitled to anything and it was tough basically. I was really angry :(
    March 2006 £15,200+ in debt April £843.64 in debt - Debt Free date Sept 2009
    Egg Credit Card - £843.64 5.7%
  • la23hin
    la23hin Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    hi sammiboo

how long where you signing on for? i think for the back to work bonus you need to have been signing on for over 26 weeks.also if you get hb and cb you shud get 4 weeks run on for those too, but again you will have to have been signing on for 26 weeks but i dont know when they pay you this.
  • mvengemvenge
    mvengemvenge Posts: 599 Forumite
    edited 3 August 2009 at 7:09AM
    Options
    sammiboo wrote: »
    really? is this the normal proceedure? I signed off on wednesday and i was told my money would be stopped that day. I asked them if i would be entitled to any money because i wont be paid until end of august which means i would have to manage a month with no money at all.

They said i wasnt entitled to anything and it was tough basically. I was really angry :(

Why would you be entitled to an unemployment benefit when you're working? The Jobfinder's Grant is £100 if you've signed on for 6 months with no breaks, £250 for lone parents. Beyond that, all people can do is apply for a loan from Social Fund.
    Fokking Fokk!
  • FreebieLooker
    Options

I think this is normal procedure although im very very unsure of it.
  • eebee
    eebee Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    I disagree. I signed on for JSA on 15th July, I now have a job starting on 7th September. Last week when I went to sign in, I asked the job centre for help with travel expenses until my first pay packet and they agreed. All I did was take proof of travel costs and my new job contract. This help is from the Advisor Discretionary Fund at the Job centre.
    I sign off tomorrow and the advisor told me they will give me a giro for the total amount of travel costs when I go in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure