Reclaim PPI from A&L

Options
Following their massive fine earlier this month, is it worth writing to them to complian?

I did try this earlier, but got the usual speel of you have to take out another loan.

Given a&l pretty much admitted wrong doing, and my loan was taken out during 2005 is it worth a shot? I know A&L said they would write to the customers concerned, but should i really wait?

I tghink i would have a strong chance as i worked for a temp agency at the time, so woildnt have had full cover (if any)
No Longer works for MBNA as of August 2010 - redundancy money will be nice though.

Proud to be a Friend of Niddy.
no idea what my nerdnumber is - i am now officially nerd 229, no idea on my debt free date

Comments

• bathgatebuyer
    Options
    Definitely! There's a special part of the loans board on here with loads of info about reclaiming PPI. There's clearly a growing tide of people who have been stung by this 'protection' racket and given that they have already been fined, they are likely to be ultra cautious at the moment about denyin refunds.

Have a look at the top of the loans board for more info.
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • oscar52
    oscar52 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    been on there as well bathgate for an opinion.

One question though i do have - can I demand a cheque be issued given it was missold?
    No Longer works for MBNA as of August 2010 - redundancy money will be nice though.

no idea what my nerdnumber is - i am now officially nerd 229, no idea on my debt free date
  • oscar52
    oscar52 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    Also, as i understand it, A&L when investigated admitted that mis-sales had occurred? is that correct?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure