Quick DMP question

Options
I am finally starting a DMP with CCCS. I am so proud and kept talking myself out of it when deep down I knew it was the best solution.

I am starting to feel more positive about things now and not bursting into tears everytime I hear the post coming through the door.

Anyway, I work in sales and earn a reasonable basic salary. I also earn commission on my sales over and above the set targets. The company also awards a bonus each month (on top of the commission) to 'star performers'. So my monthly take-home pay can vary by over a thousand pounds depending on how my sales went during the previous month.

How is this taken into account? When I filled in the online calculation I gave the average of the last 3 months as my take-home pay. If I earn a good commission payment and an extra bonus what do I do? Do I have to send it to CCCS?

I don't think I will be able to call a creditor and pay off a chunk with a bonus as this would be giving preference to a creditor - which is not how the DMP works.

It would be pointless having a review done each month.
[FONT=&quot]I am a Travel Agent [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My company’s ATOL/ABTA numbers are E7760/3970. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. Atol numbers can be checked with the Civil Aviation Authority. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.[/FONT]

Comments

• skintandscared_2
    Options
    It might be worth posting this in the "ask CCCS a question" sticky at the top of this forum. I'd be interested in the answer too ... I often get overtime but it's not guaranteed. I have a feeling that sending "extra" payments some months would have the creditors wanting it all the time and it's probably better to stick to the regular payment, put the extra into a savings account (in case you get any F&F settlement offers) and if you find your commission is pretty regular, alter your payments at your next CCCS assessment (I think they assess your situation every six months - I'm not sure as I'm just about to start my DMP too - on 1st December)
    DMP Mutual Support Thread member 244
    Quit smoking 13/05/2013
    Joined Slimming World 02/12/13. Loss so far = 60lb in 28 weeks :j 18lb to go :o
  • hula-hoops
    Options
    Thanks, s&s

I did post on the sticky thread but I don't think anyone will be able to answer until Monday and it might be lost by then!

My commission is pretty regular. In 9 years I have only once missed the monthly target (and that was due to being off work sick). But the amount varies from just over a hundred quid to over a thousand! It would be good if I could put the bigger bonuses in a savings account and then pay off smaller debts in full. One of my debts is £350, for example. That can be cleared with a nice bonus.
    [FONT=&quot]I am a Travel Agent [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My company’s ATOL/ABTA numbers are E7760/3970. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. Atol numbers can be checked with the Civil Aviation Authority. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.[/FONT]
  • misscutiepie1984
    Options
    You can only put in basic income.... as overtime is guaranteed. If you average it out and for whatever reason you don't take that much then you will have a shortfall.

You can make the occasional extra payment but if done too often they will begin to expect it. You may find it better to save up your overtime so that you can offer full and final settlement at the end and get some written off.
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family