Just Done a Credit Report......

Options
Hi,
This is the first time I have posted. I thought I had finally dug my head out of the sand and started dealing with my debts but I was really just playing at it.

So this morning I sorted through all my scary paperwork and put everything into piles.

I owe about 13k in total although I've paid off just short of 1k in the last 6 months. I've just done an Experian credit report and it shows a few things I am not sure about.

Its got my bank and mobile as green and good :o it shows the 2 credit cards I am paying off still as a red 8 but the balances are going down. Its showing the 2 I am hopefully sorting out as in default but it shows a loan I defaulted on as satisfied, not sure what this means.

I also have 4 public record files adding up to £1500 and I'm not sure what this means. Really sorry for going on but my head is finally out of the sand and I really want to get my debts sorted so any help would be really apprciated.
J x
Debt free by August 2011 or sooner :A

Comments

• clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hiya and welcome,

Not sure what all the things mean on your credit report but you have just spurred me into action to have a look at mine. Am afraid to but am putting off the inevitable. Good luck with your debt free journey and I hope someone will be able to explain what everything means!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • nuttytart26
    Options
    Hi Clear my debts,
    I feel so empowered, Just phoned one of the ones that I was going to call on Monday and sorted out a payment plan. One left to sort and then I wont have to be scared of the phone or the post anymore. You are doing so well with your debts, hope I do as well. Take care J x
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi NT26,

You will get there. The first bit is getting the head out of the sand and facing the debts. I was so angry when I first took my head out of the sand. Angry at myself for wasting so much money and my whole 'I want it now' attitude. Now, I feel positive cos although it is slow, my debts are going down and once I get debt-free I want to stay that way!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Jvic28
    Jvic28 Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Options
    2 credit cards I am paying off still as a red 8 but the balances are going down.
    I'm really not sure but I remember one of mine was showing like this when I defaulted.
    defaulted on as satisfied, not sure what this means.
    This means you were defaulted but have since paid in full I think. It will remain on your credit file for 6 years
    I also have 4 public record files adding up to £1500 and I'm not sure what this means.
    Not a clue on this one, Sorry.

Good Luck
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 190
    17/05/08 - Total on DMP: £10025.70
    07/05/14 - Total on DMP: £1666.20 DFD: July 2017!!
    Baby Tomos born 5th June 2009 - 6lb 5oz :j
    Weight Loss Target - to lose 60.8lb by NYE 2015 - 37.6lb TO GO
  • nuttytart26
    Options
    Thank you so much, on the 'satisfied' one I haven't paid it off. So I am really fuddled now x
  • moneymaker2
    Options
    Hiya, public records are CCJ's.

Hope that sheds a bit of light on it for you. Good luck with your Debt free journey.

MM :)
  • Jvic28
    Options
    Thank you so much, on the 'satisfied' one I haven't paid it off. So I am really fuddled now x

You need to contact the creditors and the credit reference agency and get all this tidied up. I had to do it when I 1st checked mine out. It was all over the place.
  • nuttytart26
    Options
    Thank you all so much, I'm getting sorted now and dont want any surprises any more.

My mum used to work at the courts and I have just spoken to her regarding the public record files and she says that warrants from my local courts should have been issued. They haven't and I haven't received any warrants through the door. These warrants were issued in Jan 2006. I have checked through all my paperwork and 2 relate to the same credit card and 2 relate to my overdraft, is this fair? I know I should have been paying these but to fine me twice on each seems a bit out of order. I have been on the courts site and as these are so old it wont let me do anything.

Sorry for rambling but now I have got my head out of the sane just want it all sorted. J x
  • Jvic28
    Options
    I have no idea about that side of things at all. All gobbledygook to me. I'm sure someone will be along who can help soon though.

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family