Abbey just sent letter saying overdraft expired and ....

Options
they are not renewing it! :eek::eek:

im in panic mode now...as i fell of debt free wagon and have been using the overdraft religiously every month ...i know i know u dont have to tell me!! :o:o:o

Anyway, i phoned them up and they are willing to keep the overdraft open if i return debit card and pay an agreed amount every month (but still charge me overdraft interest)...but then only have a cashpoint card..not even an electron :(

With this in mind i then went to NatWest site and applied online for a current account..thinking i would transer everything over manually next month, DD, SO, etc, and pay off overdraft at agreed rate, but still have an account with a debit card iykwim....and have been 'approved on principle'...

The 'in principle' bit is what is worrying me too. if i had no chance would it have been a complete 'no' online?

Sorry if i sound like a headless chicken at moment...

Time to tighten belt in and get back to reality ...god im soooo stupid :(:(

I'm going to post in current accounts aswell, just incase anyone there can help too

Comments

• Karma67
    Karma67 Posts: 541 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    shameless *BUMP*
  • minimee_2
    Options
    Maybe its a good thing to not have a debit card? We have a cash card, and it does curb your spending.
    Do you not think it would be the best thing until your overdraft is sorted?

Otherwise, Id wait to see what Natwest say, but their current accounts have overdrafts, and you may find, down the line, you have two overdrafts that you cant control.
  • Karma67
    Karma67 Posts: 541 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ty minimee for yor comment :p

I must admit i've calmed down a bit now...the original post was as i was like a rabbit in headlights! :eek: lol

I know it's not the end of the world, and rationally thinking, i can still function without the debt card as i have credit cards i can use for online shopping (though its going to be very very occasionally i will be doing this now!!),....it's just going to take a bit of juggling the 1st month or so.... eg: getting used to actually going to shops to do food shopping etc lol.

With your reference to the Natwest account they have to do credit check 1st...its not done automatically online when you apply (so i was infromed by their CS), i had planned to ask not to have the overdraft facility if i was approved, as i didn't want to get into a sticky mess like you described!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure