Costing To Make Delicate Ring Smaller??

Hi

Dont know if anyone can help :confused:

I have a lovely ring my OH & DD bought me 2 years ago and after losing alot of weight-it now falls off my wedding finger :mad: I dont want them touching the diamonds-just the thickish gold band at the back IYKWIM. Its an expensive ring but want it done properly, but dont have alot of money.

Anyone have a clue how much roughly this is going to cost?

Can anybody recomend anywhere? I live near Bexleyheath/Sidcup/Greenwich.

Many Thanks

Penny-Pincher!!
xxx
To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
requires brains!
FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS

Comments

• mariauk
    mariauk Posts: 1,340
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Morning pennypincher :santa2:

I know its not permanant, but have you thought about one of those clip thingys thats clips inside the ring to make it smaller. Forgive the lack of proper naming but i remember my mum having a clip put in her engagement ring when it became to big to wear without fear of losing it. And a :santa2: from her corner of the world, She lives in Barnhurst, So not far from you!

Maria
    :drool: :dance: Timberlake Hussy Clique Member No 3 :dance: :drool:
  • hi there, I wouldn't pay more than about £20 to have a ring resized, it doesn't take that long and you're only paying for the solder (it would be more if you wanted to make it a lot bigger), polish and time. A decent jeweller will protect the stones during soldering, but diamonds are quite difficult to damage ie: you can't burn them or chip them, so they should be safe!
    I'd just ask in any jewellers, if they can't do it themselves, they should be able to recommend someone else.

Or look in the yellow pages for jewellers that will do repairs :snow_grin
  • ikeano
    ikeano Posts: 10 Forumite
    :xmassign:

I would go to Hatton Gardens not far from Chancery Lane tube.
    :footie: ikeano
  • homealone_2
    homealone_2 Posts: 2,004
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    you will find hatton gardens very expensive. i paid £25 recently to have a ring made bigger and all they did was stretch it. a month later it was too small again this time had it done in a brighton jewellers where instead of stretching it they added in a piece of gold and they only charged £10. i know brighton is not close but just wanted to show the difference in price if you shop around. hth
  • mariauk wrote:
    Morning pennypincher :santa2:

I know its not permanant, but have you thought about one of those clip thingys thats clips inside the ring to make it smaller. Forgive the lack of proper naming but i remember my mum having a clip put in her engagement ring when it became to big to wear without fear of losing it. And a :santa2: from her corner of the world, She lives in Barnhurst, So not far from you!

Maria
    Hi ,I did hear that Argos do a reasonable repair for rings.My daughter had to have her engagement ring cut off when she was pregnant with her last son and argos did a good repair on it for her.About half the cost of the local jewellers
    Say hi to your Mum Maria, I am an ex-Barnehrst resident, I used to live on the golf course
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure