How I'm taking control of my £164,893 debt

Options

Comments

• gingernutbizkit
    Options
    Mentionned last night when friends were over for dinner that we have lost our allotment and are resorting to trying to grow as much as possible in our garden. My friend has offered us a piece of land to grow our veggies on!!!!!!! We haven't decided yet whether to take it or not but probably will for next year :)

Off to do some sowing before I tackle organising the massive pile of paperwork that's built up on my kitchen counter :eek:

Ging x
  • gingernutbizkit
    Options
    Forgot to mention...... Planned my weeks meals last night and then created my shopping list. Went to Mr T's first thing and my weeks shopping cost me..... wait for it..... £35 :):):) Not bad for someone who usually spends at least £80.
    Ging x
  • gingernutbizkit
    Options
    Signed up today for the Tesco clubcard. I will only use this in store and plan to gain loads of points. I've set myself a new challenge - to have a holiday for our 5th anniversary in 2011 that costs us nothing. I'll use tesco vouchers as part of this. Already have £450 from ebay, quidco etc
  • gingernutbizkit
    Options
    100 onions in the ground today along with some garlic and shallots. Also planted some of my plant trees - cherry, peach, blueberry, blackberry and raspberry. Hope we are more self sufficient this year - trying to get as much as possible out of our back garden.

Ging x
  • gingernutbizkit
    Options
    Hurrah..... ebay furniture sold for £100 :)
  • rupe34
    rupe34 Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    Options
    Yes - loving the diary Gingernutbizkit:beer:

(I am also too nervous to post my SOA - and these days I feel massive guilt about spending any money on food 'over the budget', in case somebody from the Old Style Board sees!:rotfl: )
    Onward and upward - with the odd step to the side

November GC £255/£300
  • rupe34
    rupe34 Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    Options
    :o Oops - didn't realise there was another page - my message was supposed to follow the last one on page 2. Think I need an early night...:o
    Onward and upward - with the odd step to the side

November GC £255/£300
  • gingernutbizkit
    Options
    LOL...... thanks Rupe34.

Those OSers are watchign me too :)
  • debbiedebt
    debbiedebt Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with the no cost holiday. I don't shop in tesco that much but I do get all my fuel there and the points soon add up.
    Debt Free Date [STRIKE]December[/STRIKE] June 2019

GC January £0/£180
  • gingernutbizkit
    Options
    cheers debbie..... need to work out the sums to see if we can actually make the money we would need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure