Lothian Fireworks Displays?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
13 replies 5.1K views
Hush-PuppyHush-Puppy Forumite
614 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Hi there,

I'm planning on getting my dh to take 3 of my children (13, 11 and 7) to a 'proper' fireworks display this year. They've never been to an organised fireworks event before.

I know Medowbank does one, does anyone know when they start selling the tickets and how much they cost?

Does anyone know of any other organised shows in Midlothian this year? I know some local councils sometimes put them on.

Thanks in advance,
Hushy
"...Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
but that we are powerful beyond measure". :o

- Nelson Mandela.

Replies

• stormbreakerstormbreaker Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Musselburgh one at Goosegreen/race course is always a good one. Its free too! Its also easy to walk away if any of the kids are put off by the noise and can be watched from the distance.

Not quite Mid Lothian but not too far.
  • That sounds ideal!

I'd never heard of this one before, so thanks for that!

Is it on the 5th Nov? Is there any info online about start times etc? Any advice about the need to get in there early and so on?

Hushy

- Nelson Mandela.
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/content/0,1094,7368,00.html

Seems like it is going to change? But does not say anything about cost or start time. Perhaps you could phone the number at the bottom of the link.
  • Thank you very much for that link. I've just e-mailed asking for details - I'll update this thread when I receive a reply.

Hushy

- Nelson Mandela.
  • Dear *********

The fireworks are on 5th November , the display starts at 8.00pm .
    Public access is from 5.30 and will finish about 9.30.
    No tickets are required - it is free.

If you need any further information please contact ***********.
    Regards

- Nelson Mandela.
  • The Musselburgh Fireworks are great and free!! although the shows are usually there so be prepared. I take mine every year and they are limited to £5 each for the rides.
    Also there is a car parking facility but we never use it as it would take ages to get back out. Park on the High Street/Racecourse and walk from there its only about 5 minutes walk.
    Finally, I can see you crystal clear
  • Ahh, thanks for the heads up! I'll make sure we have spare cash with us!

XX

- Nelson Mandela.
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I didnt mention the shows but I have not been to the display for a few years and there were only one or two shows there when we went and my sons were just told NO!....which was often the case when we went to such events. They got that they knew not to even bother asking! On occasion they might get a candy floss or if there was a donut van they would get hot donuts! looking back maybe I was a bit harsh but I dont think they have missed out! They have been to numerous theme parks!
  • I doubt very much if your sons feel they missed out on anything!

I've said No hundreds of times to 'extras' like these - especially the catapult things, big wheel and skating rink on Princes Street.

I'll do the same as the poster above and limit the older 3 to £5/£6 each. They can choose snacks or a ride and when it's gone it's gone!

How far is it to walk from Lucas? I was thinking of maybe taking them for a special ice cream first.

XX

- Nelson Mandela.
  • Hi Hush Puppie. Its only about a two minute walk from Lucas. The Fireworks are different this year to last. There is no bonfire this year and there will be seating actually in the racecourse for what the Council call a professional firework display. I really hope the line works, if it does it should take you straight to the website with details of the fireworks.
    http://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/content/0,1094,7368,00.html

Sarah
    Finally, I can see you crystal clear
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides