🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

60's and over CAr Insurance?

Options
Hi Everyone

I am looking for a cheap car insurance for my DAD Hes 60 but I cant seem to find anything on here about it

Can anyone help please:D
If you dont ask you dont get!!

Comments

• raskazz
    raskazz Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Options
    The 60-65 age range definitely falls into the 'preferred business' category for most insurers - assuming he has a good claims/conviction history and a normal type of car then he is exactly the kind of person insurers are falling over each other to cover!

Just follow Martin's guide to cheap car insurance and you should find some pretty good deals. But don't just focus on price - make sure that the cover and quality of the products is suitable.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You shouldn't have any problems at all although you migh find SAGA good value.
    I have no idea about their coverage and quality so you will have to sort that out for yourself but they were competitive for my 80 year old FIL.

Over 80 I have found that the choice starts to be limited but you should have no problems at 60-65.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    my husband is 65 and we have CIS (cooperative) with no problem at all'
    i echo lisyloo post
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family