GE Money Home Lending / Experian????????

We're in the middle of attempting to track down the reason for a recent onslaught of unsolicited mailings from lenders who clearly think we're high risk targets desperate for credit. Vanquis approached us with a credit card at some astronomic interest rate, another lender came up with a massive APR 'consolidation' loan, and then a third wrote to us saying "we can help you, we want to help you, we WILL help you".

Yet we're not in need of any help. Nor a loan.

Having pursued the companies concerned for disclosure of how they came to contact us, we have today received a letter which reads in part:

"I can confirm that we obtained your details from Experian. These are the contact details should you wish you get in touch with them:

GE Money Home Lending
53-61 College Road
Harrow
Middlesex
HA1 1FB"

We're mystified.

It's not merely that we don't have any credit / store cards issued by / via GE in any of its many guises -- our financing is done through RBS, Abbey and Amex. . . we can't figure out why we've been given GE Money as the 'contact' for Experian.

Any ideas, anyone???

Comments

• Rafter
    Rafter Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Could be a number of things.

Did you forget to tick the '3rd party' box on a recent competition or data protection request? Probably the most likely.

You can easily avoid junk mail by joining the 'mailing preference service'. It is free and obliges all UK companies to check that you haven't opted out of receiving junk mail.

Works for us and I still find out any good offers through sites like this.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
  • I don't understand why people get so bothered about getting a mailing from Vanquis/GE Money/Ocean Finance/Tom Cobbley or whoever. If the offer is not of interest, shred it. What is the problem?
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • Thanx rafter - we're actually with mps but as it's still in the first six months of filtering, I guess some stuff is still getting through. Still mystified though why we should be given one company (GE) as the contact address for another (Experian) and vice versa.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure