On the move soon

I am moving soon to the stoke on trent area and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips for saving money and spending wisely.

I have got almost everything I need furniture wise except a gas cooker and a double bed.

I have some vouchers which I am going to use over the christmas period at asda and am gonna be getting more for next year.

But am looking for ideas for the first couple of weeks after moving in that I can carry on with after.

This can include places to get vouchers etc. and also any special offers for grocery shopping.

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi LucyToons,

I hope that you don't mind, but I am going to move your thread over to the England board where hopefully you will get more replies.

Pink

Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [email="andrea@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/email].
  • thank you Pink-winged, I was unsure of where to put it :)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just a general thing about moving, is that it's always worth looking at the Tourist Info bit of the local council's website, there is often a 'moving to X' pack of info they will send out to you. And if you're there before the move, might be worth buying the local paper or picking up any free offerings you see, as these can give you clues about where things are! I know when we moved to Bristol, it took me ages to find a supermarket which suited me - there were loads of small to medium ones but I couldn't find one which did everything I wanted in one shop on my side of the city. Then one day I saw a coupon for something like 4 tins of Heinz Beans for £1 at X chain, and it gave their address, and I found it was reasonably close and hey presto! supermarket sorted.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport