The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Fry up in Belfast

I am staying in the Travelodge in Belfast in October on room only basis. Is there a cafe nearby that does a good, reasonably priced Ulster fry?

Thanks
Val :)

Comments

• Witless
    Witless Posts: 728
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes. Spires, Church House - Wellington Street - Belfast - BT1 6DW.

http://www.spiresbelfast.co.uk/location.php
  • make sure u get an ulster fry....fantastic
    onwards and upwards
  • Rockman
    Rockman Posts: 620 Forumite
    Any suggestions where?
  • You gotta go to the pancake house, just off royal avenue! Yummy and really cheap!
  • deppo
    deppo Posts: 32
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    scallop shell in glengall street (down the right hand side of the europa hotel as you face it) is hard to beat, reasonable price and a good cause. does super lunches too. couple of minutes walk from travelodge - up the side of crown bar (another must see) and across the road.

http://www.belfastcentralmission.org/ourfacilities/scallopshell.asp
  • Rockman
    You gotta go to the pancake house, just off royal avenue! Yummy and really cheap!

Thanks for this-do you happen to know the street it is on?
  • Bigcammy
    Bigcammy Posts: 1,099
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's in a small arcade almost at the junction of North Street and Royal Avenue.

If you're near St. Georges market in the mornings I can heartily recommend the Full House in the Oxford Grill, it's one of the tasty and cleanest frys I've had in a long time. A bit dearer, but I thought it was well worth it.
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
  • would second the scallop shell suggestion - if u are needing direction just shout - i would be happy to escourt ya for a small fee :) like breakfast maybe lol hope u enjoy your stay
    Comp Wins 2011 : Cant wait to start listing everything:j:j:j
  • Rockman
    Thanks for the offer iluvfreebies but the directions are very good. Looked at their web page but did not see much info on the catering they provide but will try it out.

thanks
  • Rockman
    Rockman wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer iluvfreebies but the directions are very good. Looked at their web page but did not see much info on the catering they provide but will try it out.

thanks

Scollop shell it is then
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills