Aberdeen Window fitters

Hey Ladies and Gents

I am in the process of getting quotes for windows and a door specifically 4 windows (box standard double glazing windows) and a front door.

I have had several firms in now and am trying hard to decide which one to go with and whether I can haggle the price any further down.

WeatherSeal - Didn't seem intrested, didn't even measure up.
Aberdeen Joinery - £2800
Bon-Acorrd Glass - Awaiting Price
Fersina - £4400
CR Smith -£4600 (There original quote was over 5k)

I had the thought that it should only cost around the 3k mark for 3 standard size windows and 1 small kitchen window and a front door.

Any recommendation on who to go with within the Aberdeen area and also how much you think it will be, the largest window is 330(h)x118(w) the 2 others are smaller than this and kitchen is probably half that if not more.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Hi

Another one you could check is:

Thistle Windows http://www.thistlewindows.com/

As for price not sure.

Good luck with the search
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    We're getting ours from Thistle at the end of the month. We had CR Smith in and they were going to install them the cheaper way (even though we were going to be £9200, down from over £13k!). Thistle are still going to be cheaper than CR Smith, and we're getting picture frame surrounds on the inside. CR Smith were very pushy - Thistle weren't at all.

We're going to be £8150 for 10 windows and a back door. This is with tinted windows which cost about £800 extra (so would have been about £7350 with clear glass). We ordered this at the end of June though. The end of September is the soonest they could fit us in as they're so busy. They also have a showroom at the Bridge of Don.
  • Thanks for the replys

I think I will give thistle a call and get them to give us a quote, Did you have anyone recommend them or show you there work, if so I gather it was okay or you wouldn't of bought through them.

Cr Smith rep specifically said they would be installed between the outside and inside wall, So I will have to believe him unless I see otherwise.
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The only work of theirs i've seen is in their showroom. I've seen plenty of houses locally that's used them. I figured they must be okay to get so much work. The salesmen sold it to us though. I hate when they're pushy.

The CR Smith ones we were shown had narrow plastic facings in the inside of the house. I can't explain it very well. We had windows with the picture frame finish on our old house and liked it very much. They were from Bain Glazing but we think they might have stopped trading as we couldn't get their website up, or get through on the phone to them. It's a pity as their windows were good too.
  • CO2000
    CO2000 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Try Keith from the Window Centre - Great value & not pushy in the slightest

One accurate quote - no big reductions etc

http://www.windowsaberdeen.co.uk/
  • CO2000
    CO2000 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Ohhh, forgot to say if you want a laugh (or cry) try the high mountain company.
  • simplz
    simplz Posts: 14 Forumite
    I recommend Crest. They did a great job replacing all my windows, didn't go for a door as I didn't want uPVC. But they did a great job, really tidy work and reasonably priced.
  • thanks for the replys but this thread is over a year old now...

I went with bonacord glass in Aberdeen excellent work, prompt and prompt at replacing a pane which had a mark on it.
  • minority wrote: »
    thanks for the replys but this thread is over a year old now...

I went with bonacord glass in Aberdeen excellent work, prompt and prompt at replacing a pane which had a mark on it.

Doh I found this thread from a google link & just saw the 23 09 bit

Ohh well maybe some info for other searching for similar (& then post in another year :whistle:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure