🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Wirral Eating Out - Cromwells Restaurant In Irby

Options
New here, so don't bite! Avid follower of these forums, and thought I'd join in!

Anyway, me and the OH went out for a meal the other day at Cromwells Restaurant in Irby after seeing it in the local paper, and to my delight it was buy 1 get 1 free! £7.50 for 2x 2 course meals. They have the same deal going for their 3 course £9.50!

Shame we didn't know about the offer till the bill came, otherwise I'd have stuffed myself with 3 courses! The food was lovely, miles better than the pub where we normally go. They've got a website I think.

Comments

• Zoetoes
    Zoetoes Posts: 2,496 Forumite
    Options
    spidertwig wrote: »
    New here, so don't bite! Avid follower of these forums, and thought I'd join in!

Anyway, me and the OH went out for a meal the other day at Cromwells Restaurant in Irby after seeing it in the local paper, and to my delight it was buy 1 get 1 free! £7.50 for 2x 2 course meals. They have the same deal going for their 3 course £9.50!

Shame we didn't know about the offer till the bill came, otherwise I'd have stuffed myself with 3 courses! The food was lovely, miles better than the pub where we normally go. They've got a website I think.

Will mention this to OH, might actually be able to get him to take me out now!
    If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    just got back from the Railway in Meols nice food nice settings good price worth a go
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • Zoetoes
    Options
    greenface wrote: »
    just got back from the Railway in Meols nice food nice settings good price worth a go

Yes I second this, we quite often go, it's good for the kids too.

OH's best mate is the manager there, very tall bloke, can't miss him.
    If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D
  • spidertwig
    Options
    Just booked Cromwells for Sunday lunch pretty cheap too... will give the railway a go too!

Went to Bobbys Bar recently too - and was a little disappointed.
  • greenface
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Queens carvery next door(new brighton) presses all the right buttons never been when no carvery but all good food. Lighthouse has been done up recently and do a daily carvery for about a fiver
  • Zoetoes
    Options
    Just been the Arrowe Park for lunch, me and OH got the all day breakfast, it was awful, I'd expect better from a greasy spoon.

Never will I eat there again. I didn't complain because I didn't have time, we waited 20 minutes for it to come out and I only get a half hour lunch.

Won't bother ringing up to complain either as they'll only offer us a free meal there! :eek:
  • greenface
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    try the cherry orchid or the fox and hounds if you are there
    or the swan
    Been for lunch in la paz west kirby (i honestly dont always eat out)
    mrs greenfaces rissotto less than a fiver was great I had rabbit terrine tasted beautiful but wanted more (i always do)
  • abc1989
    abc1989 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Just to give you an update! Cromwells has now moved to wallasey village (where rendezvous used to be)
    Help me!
    :o
  • greenface
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    And as good as always went last week for the first time(wallasey) just down the road from me, Sea bass beautiful but could have been a tad bigger . Mrs GF steak was very nice and just right med/rare as asked and DD chicken breast was poss the nicest of all and i will have net time i go. Good veg & service. Starters all very good Blackpud/melon & portabello mush a bit pricey for a every week eatery but great for special occasions
  • markthedoc
    markthedoc Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quick update.

This place has now closed down, drove past the other day and there was an agents board up. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport