🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

service charges on flat help please

Options
Basically I just recieved a completely unannounced bill in regard to service charges. I dont have any money to pay this not even in installments and i dont know what to do. I live in a shared ownership property

The paperwork says they can take me to court etc etc, and I have so many other bills (unsecured) that I'm paying a pound a month on as I cant afford to pay more, then I get this!
I have tried speaking to CCCS already,all they advised was to pay what I can as I dont have enough sare to set up a DMP

Comments

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was there no mention of this when you signed the contacts?
    This is something you should have been made aware of before you entered into the shared ownership purchase. Check back to see if it was mentioned anywhere.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • bank_of_slate
    Options
    Hi fairyworld, have you posted a full SOA on here yet?
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport