upping our income ideas needed please

Options
I was self employed running my own business for the past 2 years, but have recently closed it due to not making any money.

I am searching for a job which I will take anything but ideally needs to be £16K plus due to childcare costs.

Is there anything I can do from home in the mean time whilst I try to get a job?
I am a member of yougov but it doesnt really earn me anything, cashback sites which again dont earn and have looked into mystery shopping with grassroots but nothing is ever available in my area.

I am pretty handy with the computer and have good design skills (trained as an artist) I have a type speed of 45.
Are there anyother survey sites, mysetery shopping sites or anything else I could do?

I tried to look on here, I am new to this site and find it a mindfield when trying to search and some of it is soooo confusing when you are new.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated :j :D

Helen
11 September 2008 Day 1 of my debt free journey
Hope to be debt free by 2012, its never going to happen :cry:

Comments

• Oggyoi
    Oggyoi Posts: 5,068 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Helen,
    What is it that you did for your own business ?

Best thing to do is make yourself a brew and enjoy it while looking through the pages on here. If there is anything specific, such as freelance typist, use the search facility and it should point you in the right direction.

Mystery shopping is varied, depends on where in the UK you are. On the first page is a list of companies. Generally the folk on here are a friendly bunch.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam 
  • Redbubble
    Options
    Hi Helen,

Have you thought about childminding?

Not only do you get paid to stay at home with your kids, you also get some relief on the gas & electricity.

You can make quite a bit of money childminding, but youve gotta love kids!!

Just a thought anyway.

P.s. It would save on your own childcare costs!!
  • collingwood21
    Options
    I would suggest having a look at "a bit on the side" by Jasmine Birtles - it has plenty of ideas for working from home in it, and information on how to get started and go about it.
    “Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure