Bank ruining my life

Options
Hi,

During a dispute with the RBS they took money out of a dormant account which has affected my credit score and leaves me unable to re-mortgage along with other future difficulties. This was definately a bank error and I am struggling to get a response. Is this an area where you could assist or is their another legal channel you could suggest I undertake as my credit rating will now be hampered for another 6 years. This has been ongoing for about 4 months and I have quite a lot of correspondance highlighting their deficiencies.

Thanks

Comments

• GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Options
    Have you made an official complaint with regards to this through their complaints procedures? If not, then do that now.

If you have done this and are no further forward, i suggest making a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you have all the correspondence they should hopefully be able to either get the bank taking some action or advise as to whether the complaint will be upheld or not. I'm not sure about compensation, but you could ask about this as it has had a negative financial impact on you.
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills