🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I'm new on here and have a few q's re dmp

Options
I am thinking of taking out a dmp, this is what the CCCS has recommended anyway.
The thing is it will take approx 9 years to pay off, however my car is on it's last legs, so would you buy a new car (poss on credit card) or is this i a dangerous route to go down??
Also does anyone know of anyone that was on a dmp and got a ccj and then lost there job - both me and OH work in legal profession, only in the back office not qualified or accedited or anything.

Any help and advise would be greatly received.
Thanks

Comments

• rayday2
    rayday2 Posts: 3,960 Forumite
    Options
    If you were to buy a new car that way it could delay your DMP starting and also you have already contacted CCCS. Your DMP budget should allow you to put aside quite a bit for servicing even an old car. Its up to you and maybe be upfront and ask CCCS.

No one can say if you will get a CCJ are not, very few people on DMPs actually get them and it depends more on who you creditors are really. So I am afraid no one can totally put your mind at ease on that one. On the flip side though if you are struggling you are much better setting up a DMP then getting to the point where you miss payments that would be more likely for you to get CCJs in the end rather than offering lower payments, if you get what I mean.

There is a huge DMP support thread about too if that is of interest all like minded people in there lol!
  • peb
    peb Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rayday's recommendations are always good; do check out the thread.

If you are "back room staff" it should not effect your jobs or your career prospects.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 1 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family