Where to sell vinyl records?

Options

Comments

• kateb1950
    Options
    i have a collection of records that when i bought i taped on first play and then sealed the records away, so they are as new, how to i contact andy to work out selling They are stones, ac/dc/ doors, and so on
  • Loolabell_2
    Options
    Hi have you tried to see them at a car boot sale, you get alot of people looking for things like that at them? :confused:
  • Mward_2
    Options
    Hi recently used vinylsearcher com and they were pretty good, actually spoke to me and helped me find a home for my vinyl. Lots of options but they were pretty good.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 November 2010 at 6:33PM
    Options
    not suprised they spoke to you Mark , probably in the same room !!

registration for the domain

Registrant:
    Mark Ward
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • debsjc
    debsjc Posts: 3,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have an update on this topic please. My family has lots of vinyl to sell, ranging from old stuff that was my nans, upto the 1980's.
  • pasmith29
    pasmith29 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Hi debsjc,

An online company called Koothoomi Records bought my vinyl records from me, they gave a good price and came and collected them.

check out the website and send them an email, thats what i did!

Hope this helps
  • djreckless
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Great thread. I thought I would help by letting everyone know you can also press vinyl records at great reputable pressing plants like:

phoenixofvinyl.com
    Phoenix Of Vinyl Ltd

I have pressed with them for years and they are excellent, great quality.

Ok next if you want to buy or sell records, here is a great list of awesome Online Vinyl Shops / stores, here is a good list below:

decks.de
    juno.co.uk
    web-records.com
    chemical-records.co.uk
    jetsetrecords.net
    recess.nl
    technique.co.jp
    djshop.de
    discogs.com
    armadamusicshop.com
    deejay.de
    djshop.de
    cuepoint.info
    redeyerecords.co.uk
    rduv.com

Enjoy everyone! Keep it Vinyl!!!

DJ Reckyyyy :beer:
  • havebeenripped_off
    havebeenripped_off Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 13 August 2011 at 9:41PM
    Options
    My experience selling to Shop in Portsmouth wasn't good. ~Sent him a list of albums by email with catalogue numbers including lots of Beatles including the White Album. Before he received the records he quoted a figure, for 9 of the Beatles so we sent them as we needed the money. They were very well packed in a box and I sent an email informing him of the postage. After about 4 days he rang and some of the records were not in good condition (which they were) and he said he could only give me approx half, I agreed as I didn't want to go overdrawn with the bank and incur charges. he said he would get a cheque in the post that day He states on his website, 'immediate cheque and will include postage/packaging'. After not receiving the cheque after 4 days I rang and he said he had posted it off. He said to wait another couple of days (which meant at least a week and a half as it went over the wkend, after saying he would put it in the post). He rang me up and said he had cancelled the cheque and would raise another for the less than the amount agreed, when I reminded him about the postage, he said he only offered me a reduced figure for the records. I just needed the money so I let it go. I received the cheque yesterday for the reduced figure without postage. I also received a card from the post office say there was insufficient funds on a letter and I needed to go and pay to get it. I went to the post office this morning and it was the original cheque in an envelope with no stamp on it at all. Not only did I not received my first estimate of £160 for the records, I had to wait a week and half for the cheque, too late, already incurred bank charges, and I didn't received my postage and packaging, but I had to pay extra for the cancelled cheque he didn't put a stamp on the envelope.
    Be careful who you sell to
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options
    ^ havebeenripped off - it would help if you named the shop so people would know who to avoid.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • debsjc
    debsjc Posts: 3,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's strange, the name was there and the OP has now edited it out. Not much point in that!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure