We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Competitions Discussion Thread Part 8

1…104105107109110…150

Comments

  • ella87310
    ella87310 Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    50+
    Yivvy wrote: »
    Do you know what the other match was for today? Still no match for me and one day left.....

    The other match today was

    sharpay - ryan - chad and taylor
  • melvis
    melvis Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    50+
    Does anyone remember if the 'GROLSCH' glass emails had a code on or similar? I deleted the email last night thinking it had come but it hasn't :(

    A box came in DH's name, I asked what it was he said 'pint glass' I asked was it GROLSCH he said yes - only I've just found the box & it was STRONGBOW which means I'm missing a GROLSCH one & wanted to chase it up :(

    No code on the email and the customer services number is 01623 724485 :p
    Small business owner 🧵 Ex MSE comper 🏆 Student loan repayer 💴 Romanian dog rescuer 🐕 Hopefully a cost of living survivor 🤞🏻
  • 50+
    Huge thanks Melvis, both were won on 18th September but only had 1 so far so will give them a ring.
    2025 - finally back comping after a stressful house move - send me fairy dust please!

    2026 winnings!!!

    January - £10 The Spin Off 
                    Ayumi Shilajit Resin 
  • 50+
    Does anyone remember if the 'GROLSCH' glass emails had a code on or similar? I deleted the email last night thinking it had come but it hasn't :(

    A box came in DH's name, I asked what it was he said 'pint glass' I asked was it GROLSCH he said yes - only I've just found the box & it was STRONGBOW which means I'm missing a GROLSCH one & wanted to chase it up :(

    My Grolsh one finally turned up earlier this week - guess 80,000 individually addressed glasses is taking its time!
    2011: £30,000 on People's Postcode Lottery, Netbook, £35 voucher, 2x Xbox games
  • 50+

    I was using the same password also but after removing the vacation message it hasn't come back even though I haven't changed my password



    I am running McAfee, Spybot and adaware and am a bit concerned that none of them seemed to spot anything.

    If they're getting the information from a data theft coming from a website, there wouldn't be anything on your PC to find.

    Kinda curious as to why you haven't changed your email password though
    2011: £30,000 on People's Postcode Lottery, Netbook, £35 voucher, 2x Xbox games
  • shopsmile
    shopsmile Posts: 376 Forumite
    50+
    Following on from Winjackie's post, I also had a problem with my hotmail account yesterday, sending out emails to all and sundry. I have changed my password re-run spybot, adaware and Norton.

    I really think it must be to do with one of the comp sites. It's just my comping email address affected.

    Googling the problem it looks like a trojan.

    Hope i've done all i can to stop it, but i'll have to wait and see.
  • josie301
    josie301 Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    50+
    Huge thanks Melvis, both were won on 18th September but only had 1 so far so will give them a ring.

    I haven't had any yet princess ;)
    Jo x
    2007:£5181.09 2008: £6619.70 2009: £4284.49 2010: £5213.14 2011: £4980.62 2012: £3188.52 :)

  • dazcouz
    dazcouz Posts: 2,531 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys,

    I'm new to this competition business. I have entered 30+ prizes today. Is this a good start? I really want to win a lot of prizes as I have never really won anything ever! Anyway I'll see how much I can win before the end of 2008.
    Competion Wins 2008 - £1700 - 2009 £5300
    2010- £680
  • 50+
    dazcouz wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

    I'm new to this competition business. I have entered 30+ prizes today. Is this a good start? I really want to win a lot of prizes as I have never really won anything ever! Anyway I'll see how much I can win before the end of 2008.

    Good luck :-)

    Give it about a month before things start to happen - I (re)started a month and a bit ago and am just starting to see the results)

    Entries - some people enter a few, some people enter hundreds a week. Some people go by the principle that the more you enter, the more you win, some people go by quality over quantity and look for tiebreakers and other stuff where a measure of skill is needed.

    I like both :-) But everything won thus far has been simple first-outa-the-hat stuff.
    2011: £30,000 on People's Postcode Lottery, Netbook, £35 voucher, 2x Xbox games
  • I have concerns about the Quiz Leaderboards on MyOffers. I don't know if anybody else has noticed, but on the Leaderboard I saw, there were multiple entries for the same name. I thought the rules were that there was only one entry per person? I have done the quiz several times and my name only appears once. I have emailed MyOffers 3 times in the past week expressing my concerns, but have had no response at all. I'd be interested to hear other comments on this.

    Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.