Lender Mistake Has Made Me Livid!

Options
last year, i had to go to court with regards to my property but was granted a suspended possession order to which i have kept up with the agreed payments, on time etc and hoping within the next 2 months to clear my arrears as they are now not too much. My direct debit was not taken by my lender on 1st Sept, i contacted my bank, all fine there the funds were in my account, they said to contact my lender, which i did on Thurs 4th Sept asking why (considering the importance of my account status) it hadn't been taken, to which i was told do not worry there was a mistake with about 2000 other customers direct debits, and will be taken on 8th Sept, and that i will receive a letter which was sent Tues 2nd Sept stating this. Guess what the only letter i did receive was one this morning which basically said, Under the terms of the suspended possession orderpayment wasn't received and failure to maintain the order will result in baliffs being instructed to evict etc..THIS IS TOTALLY DISGUSTING THEY DID NOT TAKE THEIR PAYMENT NOT MY FAULT! To top it off, it is Saturday and the mortgage company are not open on Saturdays and they have CHARGED ME AN EXTRA £45 QUID!! any helpful comments would be very gratefull!

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Calm down, wait until Monday, then ring up and politely ask if they can rectify the situation.
  • rizla01
    rizla01 Posts: 7,256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Magstar. Dont get angry.

You are probably dealing with a machine.

These things often get sent out automatically and are electronically signed as if by a human.

It is just a mistake (We all make 'em) and you will be able to resolve this on Monday.

Nothing you can do about it for now, so NO POINT in worrying, is there?

SMILE and see how much better you feel.:)
    "Unhappiness is not knowing what we want, and killing ourselves to get it."
    Post Count: 4,111 Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,111 Posts (Actual figures as they once were))
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
  • magstar71
    Options
    i know but its just ironic that i did not get the other letter staing their mistake which was supposed to be sent 3 days earlier! seems strange...
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    I think you should politely ask for £50 compensation. Be prepared to accept less, but you get nowt unless you ask.
  • Incisor
    Incisor Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rizla01 wrote: »
    Magstar. Dont get angry.

You are probably dealing with a machine.

These things often get sent out automatically and are electronically signed as if by a human.

It is just a mistake (We all make 'em) and you will be able to resolve this on Monday.

Nothing you can do about it for now, so NO POINT in worrying, is there?

SMILE and see how much better you feel.:)
    Which is right as far as it goes. But I think magstar is entitled to better from the lender, given that a threat to take your home away is most distressing - and I personally don't think it is at all acceptable for machines to go around and threaten to take people to court or evict them. It is fair enough for machines to alert the lender to a problem, but there should be human scrutiny of a letter this important.
    After the uprising of the 17th June The Secretary of the Writers Union
    Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee Stating that the people
    Had forfeited the confidence of the government And could win it back only
    By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier In that case for the government
    To dissolve the people
    And elect another?
  • Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Magstar, as I always say, ensure whenever you have a conversation with a lender you document the number called, the exact time, the persons full name (refuse to deal with those that only want to give first name). Follow up the conversation with a written summary displaying the time of call ect, and send it special delivery, with a photocopy of the letter and envelope and your copy of the post receipt.

Time and again people come unstuck, and following the above process EVERY time can really help out later.
  • Dan_1976
    Dan_1976 Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    All the letters will be automated and you will find a phone call and a human will sort it all out.
    "Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson
    "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" Woody Allen

Debt Apr 2010 £0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport