Student loan company final demands on payments

Options
Hello everyone,

Basically I need some advice, I was a student two years ago and I completed one year of university in a three year course. I decided that university was not for me and decided to work for the last year. However the SLC have in the last two months been issuing me demand letters to pay them 577 pound. They are claiming that because I dropped out, they overpaid me somehow. I was entitled to the maximun loan and grant due to my parents financial situation. However I did explain to them I finished the year so whats the problem etc, but they say they want the grant that they gave me because I did not finish the three years. Recently they if I do not pay in 6 days they are taking me too court. I dont think I have done anything wrong. I also told them to just add it on to my overall loan and they wouldn't budge. I can understand if they calculated the grant to cover me over the summer but surely they cannot expect all of it back if I finished the year. It wasnt like they gave me my last loan installment and I just quit university, I finished my last semester? Would they win in court if it goes ahead? is there anything I can do to counter their claims.

Cheers

Comments

• PoorPrincess
    Options
    Hi Bensoir,

Im afraid i dont have any advice on your problem but didnt want to read and run, and thought id bump up your message as im sure other can help. Have you posted a thread like this on the Students Board? You may get more help on there

Princess

x
    Newly Married:rotfl:, Soon to be qualified:T, Things are looking UP, Just need to get this debt DOWN
    Credit Card Debt 07/02/2013 - £3965
    Loan 07/02/2013 -
    Wedding Debt 07/02/2013 - £1243
    Owed to Parents 07/02/2013 - £5495
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business