feeling very worried and depressed

Options
JOHNSTONE1
JOHNSTONE1 Posts: 155 Forumite
edited 29 May 2009 at 6:36PM in Debt-free wannabe
My husband is an awful lot of debt and although most of them have nothing to do with me I'm constantly worried sick. My finance are in good order only one load with natwest and dont have any trouble paying it. My husband took out two loans last year with RBS each at £5000 and a car loan with another finance company with me as a guarentor for £5000. We split up in May and he hit a bit of low left his job basically ran away from everything didnt make any payments to anything etc and ignored everything for months and months obvioulsy as we were not together and i had no idea where he was i didnt know this was happening. We managed to sort things out a bit and i was told about all these debts... the car one also concerning me! He started a debt management plan in may and is paying back the rbs at £175 a month and the car at £18.76 obviously these are at reduced trates and where they have been sold on have increased massivly.
Yesterday i recieved a phonecall at my parents house where i now live asking for me from hillside services i can only presume this is because of the car but surely if he has a debt management plan and is paying back throught them they shouldnt be chasing me?!

Also when he dissapeared he left the car in the barracks where he worked and when he returned 7 months later it was gone either stolen or towed we're not sure yet as the military police are dragging their !!!!!! either way what if the car finance company want to reposess the car??

I feel so down and depressed especially as so little of this is anything to do with me please help xx

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Johnstone

Please speak to one of the debt charities who can advise you better then we can. details here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/debt-help-plan#help

Unfortunately, as you guaranteed this debt, the creditor can come for you if he does not pay.

What you do need to do in the interim is write to the creditors and tell them they are not allowed to phone you, OH, or your parent's house.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport