Self cert mortgage

Options
As a sefl employed couple, we need a self cert mortgage - what is the maximum LTV we can get on these and what are 'likely' rates?

Comments

• koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    Options
    BM Solutions will do a 6.65% tracker at 85% loan to value
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • richie_greenuk
    Options
    Are there any that would do 90% or is 85% the max?
  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    Options
    Are there any that would do 90% or is 85% the max?

Just checked on my mortgage sourcing system abd it says that BM will go up to 90% self cert on that deal.

Best to check with them direct though

STOP PRESS : just looked on their site, and it says maximum 80% ltv
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    As a sefl employed couple, we need a self cert mortgage - what is the maximum LTV we can get on these and what are 'likely' rates?

Do you not have any way of proving your income? Self-cert rates are going to be higher and you may not need to go down that route.
  • richie_greenuk
    Options
    No as just gone self employed a month ago. I have payslips from previous employer which only shows a wage of £23.5k. My missus and I are looking at a £175k house (new build so can probably knock em down) which we feel we can afford. She only earns £10k as only works part time to take care of the kids.
    Would we get a traditional mortgage? We are with the Nottingham at the moment and they will only lend us up to £134k but we are tied in and have a £3k fee to pay :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure