🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Urgent help required

Options
Pls can someone help me my story starts like this............... GE money put a payment in my account of £5000 they sent me a letter saying that they had put these funds in my accout my name was on the letter and my account number as we already have a loan with GE money I rang GE money and they said there was no accident it was ours so we kept it in the savings account for a few months then had an issue where we needed money and ended up spending it. After a month or so we received a letter saying that it was a accident and they want the money back. I wrote to them saying that we unfortunately spent it but would like to sort out repayment that wrote back saying this was fine so i rang up saying we could pay 100 per month but wanted to do it seperate from our loan because we didn't want to pay interest on it. They have now sent us a letter saying that they are going to sell our house unless we pay the full £5000 back now or add it to our original loan we have never missed a payment on our original loan and this £5000 was never an amount that was secured on our house if we do not reply within 5 days they said they'd start proceedings on selling our house can they do this? Please help we have a 15month old and we really don't want to loose our house.
Ps our original loan with GE money is secured

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills