Working for Betterware

Options
Hi

I am after some advice. I would like to earn some extra cash and thought about selling betterware.
Can anyone advise me if its worth doing?

Thanks
Make £2012 in 2012: £27.60/£2012

Comments

• Louiseaustin69
    Options
    Dont take on Betterware, my mum did it when me and my brother were growing up and she recommends no one! I am an Avon Representative and I very much recommend doing Avon instead of Betterware! http://www.uk.avon.com/PRSuite/home_page.page
    With doing Avon you can get customers by showing books to friends, family, work colleagues, parent and toddler groups, hairdressers!! Everyone and anyone you can think of! People do not seem so keen to do this with Betterware! Louise x
  • Chunkywannabun
    Options
    I work for Betterware and don't have any problems at all.

You can earn as little or as much as you like depending on the hours you put in.

Earnings are 20% of all sales, and they also offer bonuses if you hit certain targets.

As for not being keen to show friends & family etc, not sure where that came from. All my family have a catalogue and order quite frequently. I also drop of catalogues at friends houses etc.
    Win £2009 in 2009 - £300 (Absolute Radio, Pay Your Bills)
    Only £1709 to go
  • cherrypie556
    Options
    Its the same as avon and kleeneze etc, having to trapce around the streets in all weather hoping that people have remembered to put their brochure out to collect and that they have ordered anything. i have previously done kleeneze and avon but gave up as couldn't be pestered going out in the wet and cold. I now do the Bodyshop at home which is better as no cold caling and no trapcing the streets, plus the commision is better too!
  • brian09tt
    Options
    At least with Betterware you don't pay for your lost catalogues, so if you decide its not for you you don't walk away having spent 100s of pounds on catalogues.

The team side and BIG incomes Kleeneze is sold on ore only achievable for about 1% of the people who start....I know this from past bitter experience.
  • starstella
    Options
    Betterware is like anything else.You get out what you put in.You can make a good income from it but don't believe all the hype.Be prepared to go out in all kinds of weather.You have to deliver the catalogue pick it back up and if you get an order you have to deliver that too.Sometimes going back 2/3 times..Some people are not very nice.Be aware of dogs and you can get some nasty nips from letter boxes too..Once you have done it a couple of times you get to know who to avoid ,saving you time..Don't be put off if you don't get many orders at first.Keep putting the catalogues through and you will get them.I found that older people were my best customers(.I saved them from carting stuff home from down the street.)You make friends too.There are a lot of pluses but don't start off thinking you will make millions.It's agood way to get exercise,it's a good way to make friends and it's a good way to make some money.Goodness I think I have just talked myself into joining again.lol.Hope this helps.Anyway good luck
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    ex-MIL did it. Stuff is overpriced and not as good quality as you would expect for the money. She was out from dawn until long after dusk and covered miles each day. Every time she got a good core of regular customers, the area managers would give those streets to someone else, leaving her with the poorest areas. She swore never, ever, again.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family